View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2014, 05:42 PM
Lynn we have a lot of success with just the big snap traps, in the past.. we have had a bit of an issue with them nesting in around the hot tub(its nice and warm) and as I said rat traps work for us.

I refuse to use poison obviously, I can't trust Daisy NOT to investigate no matter how well it is hidden etc.. and I would NOT be comfortable with them finding a rat in the garden dead.. I would never sleep at night.. personally I would rather live with rats LOL

Good Luck, and I think Gordon's terrier had best come to yours first, your rat sounds bolder than mine!!

Right off out for a walk,, as predicted first day of Managers vacation and my morning has been Nutso!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2014, 05:46 PM
Evening all.

Had a quick flick through the posts, hope everyone is well.

Had another thoroughly lazy day of doing booger all. Popped up the street to send off our DLA claim for Davie (with his condition there is the chance of him being sent home if he kicks off so someone has to be at home) as well as sending off some stuff for housing benefit, I've got some bits as well for going away next week..new toothbrush, toothpaste etc.

Other than that, been mucking about on the computer and watching TV. That's it...literally. Haven't packed, haven't ironed my kit...nowt.

So tonight will be the rush round to get all that done, and then that's me organised with it.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Hello everyone, and a massive well done to you H - even if you are more or less fully booked for this year, it can do nothing but good for your future reputation

Mandy, what a lovely surprise having that extra present in the shame of the bead - so thoughtful, and I too would love to see a picture of it because they are so beautiful. As for Michael S, I am very hesitant about believing that he is improving to any great extent to be honest. Time will tell, and I hope that I am wrong. I don't think that Big Shu will win you your fortune, as he is probably be one of the favourites given that he jumps fairly safely and trundles on forever.

DD, I would send the Jimster over to deal with your ratties, but I am not quite ready yet to part with him for the inevitable quarantine period! Maybe after his next misdemeanour I will be more than happy

Moyra, that's rotten luck about the ABs giving you such a hard time and I hope that everything settles down of its own accord.

to everyone else - I have read the posts but need to get sorted out before Corrie. The upside of his lordship being away is that once everything is tidied up and clean I know that it will stay that way!! The downside is that I sort of miss him, although why I don't know because he has rung me on a very regular basis since he arrived in Cornwall late afternoon!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-04-2014, 06:00 PM
What would I do with the rats when trapped if dead I've got to deal with them and if still alive not sure I could Gorden is away all week. Can't use poison here like you there is Dillon to consider two dogs one side Poppy the lab the other and of course the cats which seem pretty useless. They must be well fed. Saying that my cats when I had them always had the rats if they were about and they weren't starved.
Someone I spoke too earlier said someone in her family caught one in a trap and burnt it it was still alive and they squeal which is supposed to be warning to a all other rats in a certain radius so it is meant to scare other rats off. Not sure I could burn something alive rat or not.
Evening Sally glad his HL has arrived safely. Can't live with em can't live hothouse em.
Try to enjoy your nice clean bungalow and he will be home before you know it. I will be thinking of you dealing with Jimmi and Grandsproglet on your own this weekend and minus the car.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Evening all,

Off to cook a meal shortly (son his taking his girlfriend out to eat) which doesn't say much for my cooking ..... only kidding 'cos I am a good cook when I want to be

Sally Nice to know that HL has arrived safely and its also nice that you miss him. I don't miss my OH when he's away during the day, but I do at night. Enjoy your tidy house and the arrival of your grandson.

Enjoy your evening all and I'll try and pop in again later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Evening Lorraine sorry I missed you there.
Evening Jenny.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Hello Lynn, and I really really could not burn any animal alive That's horrible! I would rather live with the ratties, and actually they have never really bothered me - if they had ever come in the house they might have done though No chance of that here with Jimmi on patrol.

Hello Jenny, happy cooking and I am sure that your son and girlfriend just wanted a bit of romantic time together and it was nothing to do with your food

Thank you both for your thoughts re the impending arrival of the tornadao, aka grandsproglet. This time Sunday night I will probably be an incoherent wreck.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2014, 06:39 PM
Evening
Well Liam on his way back to York, quite strange to think next time he comes home that's it, his life in York done and his new chapter of life starts.
Here's a couple of photos of my new bead

Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2014, 06:50 PM
Mandy, that's really pretty, and what a lovely braclet. I love the funny little men!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Lovely Bracelet Mandy Youve got plenty of beads on it as well. My daughter has one of the Love Links one. It does solve what to get her for pressies
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »