View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Evening all, and I am so envious of those who managed to see the "lights" last night - I am the sort of person who sits for ages watching for shooting stars on the nights when they are two a second and barely spot one out of the corner of my eye. Mind you, having said that, when Bitz and I used to trundle across the hill and fields in the dark before going to the kennels we sometimes saw the most spectacular meteor showers. That was some years ago now, perhaps my eyes need attention

Rosebud, I love those photos........absolutely beautiful scenery; the sort which looks spectacular no matter what the weather is doing.

Gordon I too love your posts, and I have every sympathy with you over the problem of irresponsible owners. It is the bane of every dog owners life I think, and walks would be so relaxing and generally stress free if people showed a little sense occasionally. As for having to dust off your depleted wallet occasionally, well, you KNOW it is necessary to keep the Memsahib on side in order to maintain the care and attention that you have clearly become used to! Just think, you might have to make your own gin and tonics, or cook or something

Jenny that's good that the car is all safe for another year, and crated up ready for those naughty dogs! You must long for a hot summer with no sludge or mud to affect them, especially Flash.

Only a few minutes til Corrie so will now have to just say a quick hello to everyone else.

On our walk this morning, in the rain natch, Jimmi spotted a woman in a funny hat walking towards us, with a large shopping bag that looked sort of monsterish. He began to look worried and was about to hide behind my legs when his whole body language suddenly changed............eyes went wide and sweet, ears went back, tail stump whirred like the proverbial windmill. The woman said hello to him and walked on, whereupon Jimmi flatly refused to keep walking and insisted on following her. What the heck I thought Then I had a lightbulb moment and much to the Jimsters delight I rushed after the woman and asked her if she was the same lady who brought him home after he got out a few weeks back. Yes indeedy it was, and to prove it she produced a treat and fed it to him before I could stop her (this was how she got him to follow her back to our house, but actually he is not supposed to have anything but fish and veg). The little cupboard loving toe rag remembered those treats Funny how things stick in their minds.

Corrie
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Me too Sally. I watched for ages during the last meteor shower and saw absolutely nothing. it was really good, by all accounts.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Poor Bitkin - what misplaced faith you have in the other females of the species, for the Memsahib is allergic to cookers or so she says (and I fer one am not about to challenge this assertion any time soon). So the Catering Section as she calls it is the sphere of your worthy correspondent, and he alone. As for the preparation of Gin and Tonics I have been of the demon drink for some 14 years and TM about 20 years, so this fine preparation (and I remember well its restorative powers) is now unavailable at "Chateau Gord". Yet another illicit pleasure crossed off my dwindling list. Bye fer now!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Poor Bitkin - what misplaced faith you have in the other females of the species, for the Memsahib is allergic to cookers or so she says (and I fer one am not about to challenge this assertion any time soon). So the Catering Section as she calls it is the sphere of your worthy correspondent, and he alone. As for the preparation of Gin and Tonics I have been of the demon drink for some 14 years and TM about 20 years, so this fine preparation (and I remember well its restorative powers) is now unavailable at "Chateau Gord". Yet another illicit pleasure crossed off my dwindling list. Bye fer now!

Are you sure that you are not Basil Fawlty in disguise
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Gordon, I usually leave the cooking to husband too. He is far better at it than I could ever be.

Bitkin, love that Jimmi remembered his 'Good Samaritan'. Wee man.

I've not cooked dinner yet, Davie was going to let me know when he was hungry but he 'forgot' he says Dafty. I fell asleep for half an hour and got an email while I was snoozing about the Duke of Edinburgh cadets, so I've gone through them all and sorted what needed sorted. Battalion Duke of Edinburgh officer a happy girlie now

Someone outside is racing an engine for some reason, I assume they are trying to fix something.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Husbands who cook? Mine never even made me a cup of tea, not once. Come to think of it, I do not think he knew how.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Thanks June and Gordon for the info regarding Jeye's Fluid. I remember using it to slosh the stables out amy years ago. On the tin (which I bought a few months ago) shows a dog and dog kennel so assumed providing its well rinsed it would be OK. I can't let the dogs on the area I'm thinking of doing for ages yet and just thought it would be a good opportunity to get rid of the moss which Flash does eat. I'll do some more research before I consider using it.
Sally That was quick thinking on your part when you spotted that lady .... very impressed .... maybe you should become a private investigator I hope that treat she gave him doesn't have any nasty effects on him.

I'm going to watch the new Jonathan Creek in 5 minutes so just want to pop out for a ciggie before it starts.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Oh for a hubby that can cook
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:01 PM
Oh Gordon, just listening to the violin playing. I suppose you are used to that now. Lol, you do spin a good yarn. Actually you are quite poetic in your script. No wonder we all love to read your postings. Well friends no word about said bungalow so another one hits the dust. Have a good night all I am going to call it a day, Corries a bit of a cliff hanger! Have a good night all, God bless. night night.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Night Moyra.
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >