Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
How old is he Lynn? I'm asking because my dog had meningitis as a pup which was treated with steroids it came back last year and he was on them again but that was 5 yrs between ,again he is ok on a low steroid dose for his skin but the gme could come back at anytime. I appreciate this is a different illness but if it was to return and not respond to treatment we too would probably have to have him pts as his quality of life would be very poor I know you will make the right decision for you and Ollie if the time comes and are thinking about you.XX
Thank you. He will be 41/2 the 20th of this month.

Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
Oh Lynn, i don't know what to say my Heart is breaking for you It is obvious how much you Love your beautiful boy, and although the decision is a hard one, we all know you will make the right one for him.
We all understand, and support you and Gorden through this difficult time

More ((((Hugs)))) and Healing Thoughts & Prayers to Ollie

Jann xxx
Thank you so much.

Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
We're all thinking of you here, my friends Toller had menigitis a couple of years ago and they nearly lost him 3 or 4 times and spent thousands. He's not to bad now bit they knwo it could come back anytime and then they have a difficult decision to make.
Morgan was on steriods for skin complaints all his life and too be honest apart from weeing more we dont feel it had an adverse effect as you say he did have one or two gastric problems and he was on similar tablets to gaviscon when it flared up.
Don't really know what the answer is but wether you decide it I do know you'll be doing it for the right reasons.
XXXX
Thank you. The difficulty is if this is the myanthesia gravis it is already a muscle disease so the steroids would help him in one way but be detrimental in another and the other drug that goes alongside them will most likely have nasty side effects for him. The degenerative myleopathy is a no go situation if it is decided that is what it is we will definitely have too say goodbye.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Oh Lynn, I'm sorry to hear this and know how hard it is for you. Just wanted to send you a hug xxxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 05:53 PM
There is no doubt in anybody's minds that whatever path you take will be in Ollie's best interests. I'm just so sad that you have to go through this.
Sending you lots of love and hugs.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 05:54 PM
What ever happens, you will make the right choice, it will never be an easy one to make, I know. We could have had surgery for Denva, but we made the decision to let him go as the surgery, drugs and the fact he might have only had couple months wasn't fair on him.
He is your baby and whatever you decide, it will be the right decision made.
My heart is breaking for you both.
Take care and gentle hugs from me and mine are being sent every day.
xxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Oh Lynn, I'm sorry to hear this and know how hard it is for you. Just wanted to send you a hug xxxxx
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
There is no doubt in anybody's minds that whatever path you take will be in Ollie's best interests. I'm just so sad that you have to go through this.
Sending you lots of love and hugs.
Originally Posted by girliebiker View Post
What ever happens, you will make the right choice, it will never be an easy one to make, I know. We could have had surgery for Denva, but we made the decision to let him go as the surgery, drugs and the fact he might have only had couple months wasn't fair on him.
He is your baby and whatever you decide, it will be the right decision made.
My heart is breaking for you both.
Take care and gentle hugs from me and mine are being sent every day.
xxxx
Thank you all so much.

The support has been amazing and the fact you are still hanging in there with us is very much appreciated.

It is also appreciated that you are so understanding that the choice we may have too make is going to be a final decision.

Receiving everyones support and understanding is amazing and thank you so much again.

Still waiting for an update from Nadia so as soon as we get one I will update.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Update for today.

Nadia just phoned. He isn't walking right he is taking very short steps with his front legs and does occasionally give way on his back legs but he went out for a wee on the grass today.

He has too stay over the weekend but if he stays the same or continues to improve he can probably come home Monday as we would be able to manage him.

She cannot guarantee it will not happen again and if it did we would have to PTs but at the moment it is looking like he may recover. I don't care if he is only able to do 5 minute walks for the rest of his life as long as he can do his business on his own and not collapse like he was I will be so grateful. I will of course always be waiting for the next episode but I can deal with that if and when it comes.

He allowed Nadia too take the plaster and bandage off his leg today that held his line in without a muzzle. What a good brave boy he has been.

Seems like Dogsey vibes have worked again thank you thank you thank you all so much.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Oh Lynn, fingers crossed he's home with you Monday. I'll be thinking of you all weekend. We know how heartbreaking this is for you and what a dilemma you are facing. Come on Ollie, you can do it. We want too see your pics here for a long time to come xxxxx
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Fingers crossed Ollie continues to improve and is back home with you on Monday. What a terrible time you have had and hopefully all now positive.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Oh how brilliant is that!!! Dogsey vibes, you just can't beat them!!! Well done Ollie, looks like you could be home Monday if you carry on improving at this rate. I'd say our improvement rate for today then must be an 8 from what he was like on Monday??!!! Yayyyyyy, he's such a star!!! Mind you Lynn, you're gonna have a real job taking him off their hands now coz they must have fallen madly in love with him by now, especially Nadia! Looks like sleep might be on the cards for you tonight then
Vicki_Ann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2010, 06:55 PM
That is awesome news

I hope he's well enough to come home on Monday, I bet it's hard not to get really excited about this. What a brave boy!

Oh Lynn, I'm grinning away for you!
Page 45 of 123 « First < 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 55 95 > Last »