Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Morning all...... *sits quietly NOT mentioning the weather*

Walking with a friend today, hopefully, fingers crossed she doesn't cancel due to the wet stuff falling from the sky. And ofcourse working hard!!! not a lot else, trying not to go anywhere and spend money etc.!

Bev don't be too worried about your trip, lots of people around and from my experience people are always happy to help you find your way what a fun exciting weekend you have ahead of you.

I had a read through and pleased to hear some of you have sun, and that Elaine didn't smash all her plates... Good luck with the pressure washing when it finally arrives Jenny quite enjoy doing pwing..

Will be back later - mostly Dogsey After Dark hours

Happy Thursday xx
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Hi guys

I was supposed to go to Pirbright for basic training when I joined the army years ago, but ended up in Bassingbourn cause they ran out of room in Pirbright. So not been to that one but I did hear from one of the lads I was on a pre-basic training course with that SAS were on exercise there at the same time his section was out on exercise, he was on stag (guard) and this pair of eyes appeared in front of him suddenly. He nearly had to change his trousers. The eyes looked at him, said 'shhhh' and disappeared...found out later that there was SAS on the base

I had to come home this afternoon, poor Brian was in so much pain from the gallstones and was throwing up and has the runs at the same time. So I came home at his request in case he had to go into hospital. He's had a painkiller, some food (scrambled egg without toast - sore throat from vomiting), and given him a hot water bottle. He'd stopped throwing up, and is sleeping now which is great. So I'm leaving him to sleep and hopefully he will feel better later.

I'm still to go to the doctors, going to do macaroni and cheese for dinner. Then off to cadets, we have some skill at arms training, some fieldcraft training and the recruits are on drill. I've also to discuss a possible Duke of Edinburgh award expedition up Ben Wyvis, it's to celebrate the Commonwealth Games, and I think it's a brilliant idea. Trying to get all my DofE guys to do it. Fingers crossed.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Afternoon Debbie and Lorraine,
Hope you enjoy the walk Debbie.
Lorraine I hope Brian feels better soon please looka fetr yourself too.

I have just tried the Carte Dor cookies and cream ice cream and knickerbocker glory very nice today is the first day I have felt like ice cream. Well worth the wait.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Jenny you could be right about me fighting something I still have that ear infection it is so sore.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 04:54 PM
My neighbor just emailed me to tell me that her dog (std poodle) has liver cancer so sad, she is 10 and apparently yesterday was very very ill so they took her to the emergency vets and they diagnosed her and kept her in to try her with food etc.

She had a good night and they are picking her up now, to bring her home, fingers crossed she can be with them for a while, not sure what course of action (if any is available) they will take.

I saw her on Monday evening and I thought her tummy looked a bit weird and distended, obviously I didn't say anything as I was at the Water Association meeting and I she was acting perfectly normally, so I just assumed it was her age that made it look different to when I had last seen her, I must admit I don't usually study everyone else's dogs in the street that closely

Anyway all very sad, but I am hoping they have time left together!

Tilly is sad but her and KoKo are ARCH enemies.. only dog I have ever known Tilly to NOT like!!!

Eileen any update on your neighbors lost doggie?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 05:03 PM
I've heard from my OH and he's now on his way home so I possibly won't be popping in later. He was on a real high as its the first time he's given his new (ancient) race car some track time and it all went well .... thank goodness Hopefully he won't notice all the plastic fencing I've erected this afternoon in the riverside garden

Moyra I hope you are on antibiotics for your ear infection I know what they are like and it is as bad as having a tooth abscess If you aren't on them please go to the doctors and get some as it could well get even worse ((hugs)). That is almost definitely what is making you feel so tired .
Lynn Aw yum yum and that is sure to make you feel better
Lore Poor Brian .. and poor you ((hugs)). I hope his pain calms down and you manage to get out tonight without feeling guilty for leaving him.
Daisy The ruddy new pressure washer still hasn't arrived . My neighbour has offered to lend me theirs and I think I may well take them up on it tomorrow just to shame my OH for not paying for next day delivery
I hope you enjoyed your dog walk and your friend didn't blow you out due to the wet stuff falling from the sky ..... don't mention the word though as it is definitely banned here in the UK I've just popped back in Daisy having read you sad post about your neighbour's dog
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Yes,thought that was beautiful.Found one in Monsoon,if you want to have a look its called Romola dress,very pretty too
It's goooooorgeous! Thanks for all the spots Eileen!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 06:14 PM
That's very sad DD about your neighbours dog. I hope they have some more time with him.

Jenny it is most annoying about your new pressure washer I hope it comes tomorrow.

I really should get some abs for this infection. I'll see if I can get the doc to put out a prescription for some in the morning. Have a good night I may wander off in a little while. Going to lunch with a group of friends tomorrow lunch time. Should be nice.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 06:24 PM
DD,so sad about your neighbours dog(( hugs))
No news on wee Ellie,anyone I've spoken to doesn't know if she's been found or wasn't aware she was missing Think I might pop up later and find out.No idea of the owners name but I'll recognise her car.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Really need to catch up,not sure what's happening
Just noticed you're feeling poorlie MOYRA huge (( hugs))
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »