Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2015, 04:47 PM
Good day everyone
I don't know where today has gone, I've been so busy and achieved absolutely nothing.
Can I have my fish fingers in a sandwich please
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2015, 05:01 PM
Good afternoon all.
Thankfully we've had a dry day and no danger of flooding. Those poor people flooded out of their homes with no end in sight, I do feel for them.

I've been writing myself endless lists and trying to keep up and cross off jobs that are done. As it was dry I decided to try and use the leaf vac. Plugged it in, no action which was strange as it was working a few days ago. Saw a slight nick in the cable so back in the shed I found the other leaf vac which we'd inherited from someone. Same story, no power. Then it dawned on me to check the fuse box and yes it had tripped so I was on a mission. After emptying the bag several times I wondered why I seemed to be sucking up the same leaves DOH! I hadn't put the bag back on.
I blame the painkillers which I got from the chemist earlier. A few weeks ago I had neck pain in the right and it hurt to hold my head up so the GP sent me for an X-ray. I'm booked in for a phone consult from GP on the 18th wowee!
It has eased for the most part but now I've got raging toothache top and bottom on that side. Luckily last week I had a checkup and mentioned it to the dentist who xrayed and said there wasn't anything obvious so put it down to referred pain from the neck. Now the toothache is worse so the chemist has give me codeine and paracetamol and I'll have to take 2 shortly as 1 hasn't helped. Apparently one side effect is constipation. I'll swap that for toothache anytime!! Has anyone heard of this 'referred pain' before cos I haven't?

I hope everyone else is in better shape or else we'd better re-open the sick wing again!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Evening everyone. Glad people have enjoyed lunches backs were feeling better now ribs have pinged not so good. Fridges and freezers are being sorted and window jobs finished.

I have been shopping spent far too much money but got quite a few presents, cards posted written of course and bought a second tree and some more lights and baubles. Tomorrow maybe I will see if the trees hopefully fit wither side of the fireplace.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-12-2015, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Tomorrow maybe I will see if the trees hopefully fit wither side of the fireplace.
If they do fit, how about a photo, then I can enlarge it and stick it in front of our pitiful excuse for a firelace
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2015, 06:24 PM
Hi,
Just been reading mum all your good wishes,Thankyou so much,she got quite emotional,bless herDid say some of you had "really strange names"but then I explained they are not realToday was good,so onwards and upwards.
Will pop back later,hope everyone is well.Weather is awful here,stay safe all,see ya n a bit
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Twix hope you feel better soon
Lacey, send your mummy my love and gentle hugs
Lynn, hope your trees fit
Hi ya Nippy
Lol @ Mabs
managed to get some bits from town, couldn't do too much so crimbo shopping will have to wait, went to the drs and picked up my blood results..eventually lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Will pop back later,hope everyone is well.Weather is awful here,stay safe all,see ya n a bit
In case I've logged out, please include my best wishes for your Mum tomorrow, will be thinking of you both.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2015, 10:14 PM
I jut saw supervet...omg such a brave lovely little girl..made me cry
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-12-2015, 11:44 PM
I cry every episode watched Cuffs, Supervet on +1 then Can't Pay on + 1. Alun rant to say he'd be coming tomorrow to finish off and make the cupboards that had the fridge and freezer into proper cupboards with shelves, but I've told him the freezer only went today and now I've got the fridge in the middle of the kitchen defrosting, and also need to go for shavings tomorrow and the tip, so he's coming Monday. Got Josie and her mummy coming to Manchester on Saturday so they are calling in on Saturday so I can see her and we'll let her and Zen have a play date.
Glad to hear your mums session went well today, Eileen, lots of hugs to her and hope she is alright in herself.
Oooh Lynn, TWO Christmas Trees, poor Harvey with no fireplace to call his own
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2015, 01:58 AM
Up in night and checked the weather ahead; more rain and floods they say. Maybe even snow.. will go out as planned and stock up ahead lest all the roads get flooded again. The worst is a little further up country than Kerry but that may well change. Not worried re MY food but for the dog and cats it is different as you all know! The wee munchkins do not understand as we do. Checked Kerry coco but they are all asleep of course..Like I should be....
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3