View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Now I have that problem with Poppy, brecause she always plays rough with Ben and vis versa. she thinks she can do this any dog
She will learn eventually though....I hope

Elaine xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Well Zena would with other dogs, but since we've now met and played with a 14 weeks old border terrier, then the little cavalier yesterday (tiny tiny little mite), and now this friend's new puppy, it seems to be teaching her to slow down, calm down and avoid trampling them at all costs! Maybe it's inbuilt in them, I can't say, but the more babies we meet up with, the calmer Zena is with all other dogs (except Georgie of course!!!! ). I even commented to my pal this morning as we watched them running like loonies, I said to her, it's amazing how Zena stops dead when he does to make sure she doesn't send him flying! I think you're going to have to meet up with a few puppies Elaine and see if it works with Poppy maybe? xxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Yea good idea, there are two pups she is friends with but there Ridgebacks so although only 4 months old they are huge
Must be a Runcorn thing, not little'uns, will keep my eyes open

Elaine xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-06-2009, 08:29 AM
I find Ollie is far more tolerant to small dogs and puppies than he is older dogs and big dogs he is alright with large dogs that he grew up with but not so good with strange big dogs.

He has a lot of small Friends mini Schnauzers, Westies Papillions and a new CKCS puppy who is learning Ollie is ok, but other big dogs run him down saw the huge Dane puppy run him down the other day luckily he was quick and small enough to get out from his long gangly legs before he got squished he looked very frightened after his experience.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I bet you do H, but at least they have each other hey. Surely they both run around together when on your lovely walks in the forests? I hope so anyways.
Yes. they do (sort of), if one of them spots a rabbit or deer they both go after it (It's more of a 'token' chase these days thankfully ) on return they will lick each other but if I throw a stick only one will go for it, if it's Rianna as soon as she comes back with it Baruska will grab it off her and Rianna dare not to hang on to it. Despite that Rianna is incredibly 'loyal' and if it looks like Baruska is lagging behind she will sudddenly stop and refuse to move until grumpy draws catches up
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Sounds like a really nice walk

Misty pup - where in Scotland are you? There's a few of us dotted about.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2