Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
I know I would like to see something done too but what or how I don't know
I wonder if capping litter prices would help - so maybe if there have been no health tests done - price per pup could only be x amount - and if health tests have been done on parents you could maybe charge x amount more per pup?

I doubt breeders would like this idea....
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
Anyone thats says "I dont make a penny" makes me want to yawn. I run a rescue and feed science plan, panacur, vax and advocate before leaving and only get a £175 donation. But if my frenchies pass relevant health checks then I will breed as litter and they will be £1500 plus a pup.
Worse case senario I had a singleton pup last year. Stud fees were £500 I wasnt sure if she was having more so paid £165 call out and scan. Now i was lucky she had a singleton if not would have been an extra £1000 caesarian. Feel free to yawn
hun it's not all plain sailing.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 01:41 AM
No there are exceptions but generally its plain sailing through labour, I purposely paid more for mine as parents were health tested and self whelped I think if parents are not health tested then a cap is a good idea.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 01:45 AM
No there are exceptions but generally its plain sailing through labour, I purposely paid more for mine as parents were health tested and self whelped I think if parents are not health tested then a cap is a good idea.
Where have you got the idea that self whelped bitches produce self whelping. Things can and do go wrong. And its not always plain sailing.
Also health tested parents do not mean off spring will be clear ive known a welshie with hops of 48/48 who had 5 gens under 15.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 01:52 AM
Get the tax man involved.

If you earn £6 per hour and work 40 hours a week, it's easy to see why the prospect of 6 puppies sold for £400 each, every six months, tax free, is an enticing prospect.

There is little else out there with such good returns for so little work, and is legal.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 01:57 AM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post

If you earn £6 per hour and work 40 hours a week, it's easy to see why the prospect of 6 puppies sold for £400 each, every six months, tax free, is an enticing prospect.

There is little else out there with such good returns for so little work, and is legal.
TBH ifs its done properly and you take off stud fees, food, bedding, washing extra heating etc it's very rare you earn enough with the occasional litter to pay tax.
And as regards little work, I'm with them 24-7 til there eyes are open.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Where have you got the idea that self whelped bitches produce self whelping. Things can and do go wrong. And its not always plain sailing.
Also health tested parents do not mean off spring will be clear ive known a welshie with hops of 48/48 who had 5 gens under 15.
No but its heading in the right direction buying from good stock. I would only breed from the dogs I thought were good healthy dogs.
You will obviously get an exception to the rule but it is wise to buy from healthy parents.
I am prepared my frenchie could need a c section but she is well built and very healthy and from a good line of self whelpers which I do believe will go in her favour.
And I dont think a welshie should of been bred from with such high scores as it could of went horribly wrong.
witzendfarm
New Member!
Male 

19-11-2011, 02:27 AM
No but its heading in the right direction buying from good stock. I would only breed from the dogs I thought were good healthy dogs.
You will obviously get an exception to the rule but it is wise to buy from healthy parents.
I am prepared my frenchie could need a c section but she is well built and very healthy and from a good line of self whelpers which I do believe will go in her favour.
And I dont think a welshie should of been bred from with such high scores as it could of went horribly wrong.
Anyone who thinks its easy money must be quite gullible. There are so many unknowns that you cannot factor in, and to make comment without knowledge makes it more interesting By the way any of those knowledgeable people out there would like to buy a big coat hanger shaped bridge located in Sydney contact me as to where to send deposits.
witzendfarm
New Member!
Male 

19-11-2011, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post

Want to buy a bridge?
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2011, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by witzendfarm View Post
Anyone who thinks its easy money must be quite gullible. There are so many unknowns that you cannot factor in, and to make comment without knowledge makes it more interesting By the way any of those knowledgeable people out there would like to buy a big coat hanger shaped bridge located in Sydney contact me as to where to send deposits.
So would you breed if your dog had such a high hip score, bearing in mind the pups cant be tested till 12 months so the owners would already have them?
Page 12 of 18 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »