View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lulusmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2012, 11:59 AM
This must be very frustrating for you to say the least. Hope Dillon (and you) has a quiet(ish) weekend and on Monday you will get things sorted finally. Fingers crossed
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Lulusmum View Post
This must be very frustrating for you to say the least. Hope Dillon (and you) has a quiet(ish) weekend and on Monday you will get things sorted finally. Fingers crossed
Thank you.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I've managed to miss all this. I am sorry you have had a tough time getting Dillon seen. I agree being so young it would be best for him to be seen sooner rather than later.
It sounds as if the Rimadil is working though if he is bouncing around again.
My only concern with that is the fact he is not feeling the pain so may do too much on it and I think I would rather leave them off over the weekend so on monday they can see the pain he is in and any inflamation won't have been taken down by the Rimadyl. But thats just me, although I know with Shady's cruciate the Rimadyl didn't make much difference to her lameness, but then she was leaping round like a looney on the leg constantly.
I hope you get to the bottom of all this soon and they can sort Dillon and you can all get back to normal.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Thanks Bev I am hoping he can manage on a lower dose maybe juts one today and over the weekend I too want them to see the problem although even now he is limping it just seems to take the edge off for him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Tomorrow morning Dillon and I are off to the RVC at Potters Bar.

I am naturally worried about the outcome of the examination as to whether it is his cruciate or not and what they will do about it.

I have my plan. I know from our second dummy run yesterday there are no diversions except maybe one but I know the alternative route. Same for coming home. My plan for getting him out of the car with the ramp I will be on my own with him.

What I haven't got planned is how I am going to book him in and go to the loo as he is going to be fairly hyper. That should be fun

I am worrying if they will keep him in I don't think he will be a happy boy if they do. I have his bag packed in case he has to stay.

He is not going to be happy tomorrow morning as he is now fasting.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Bless you Lynn you must all be worried, but I know whatever happens your beautiful boy will take it all in his stride, he's had the best teachers!

Would they not be able to send one of the nurses or the interns out to help you get him out of the car, I know they're busy up there and it may mean you waiting out there with him but it might be an option if it's a struggle?

Which way will you come in, M25 or A414? You'll only be about 2 minutes down the road from my work, I would say pop in but with just me and a locum this week I fear I will be ridiculously busy

Wishing you both all the best for tomorrow, lots of good wishes and vibes coming your way xx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Everything crossed for you. x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
Bless you Lynn you must all be worried, but I know whatever happens your beautiful boy will take it all in his stride, he's had the best teachers!

Would they not be able to send one of the nurses or the interns out to help you get him out of the car, I know they're busy up there and it may mean you waiting out there with him but it might be an option if it's a struggle?

Which way will you come in, M25 or A414? You'll only be about 2 minutes down the road from my work, I would say pop in but with just me and a locum this week I fear I will be ridiculously busy

Wishing you both all the best for tomorrow, lots of good wishes and vibes coming your way xx

I am going White Stubbs Lane way and then onto the Great North Road. We have taken the middle seats out of my car and turned the bench seat round, I can get into the back from the front and I will tie him to the seat the front seats have handles on the back of them while I get the ramp and set it up then tie him to the door handle when out while sorting the ramp back into the car. I may ask for help if it all goes pear shaped.

Its been a task in itself sorting out the planning. Dillon will be fine it is me that is going to be a wreck especially if I have to leave him. Gorden says there will be plenty of volunteers to take him while I pop to the bathroom. Nadia may be around too she said she will keep her eye out for us.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Keeping everything tightly crossed for Dillon and for you.

(((Hugs))) xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Tomorrow morning Dillon and I are off to the RVC at Potters Bar.

I am naturally worried about the outcome of the examination as to whether it is his cruciate or not and what they will do about it.

I have my plan. I know from our second dummy run yesterday there are no diversions except maybe one but I know the alternative route. Same for coming home. My plan for getting him out of the car with the ramp I will be on my own with him.

What I haven't got planned is how I am going to book him in and go to the loo as he is going to be fairly hyper. That should be fun

I am worrying if they will keep him in I don't think he will be a happy boy if they do. I have his bag packed in case he has to stay.

He is not going to be happy tomorrow morning as he is now fasting.
Good Luck tomorrow Lynn,
When I used to take Shady on my own to Newmarket, I would arrive and leave her in the car while I went and booked her in and went to the toilet.
You should be fine tying him while you get the ramp in place. I couldn't do that with Shady as she was going frantic trying to leap out and kill other dogs she saw, so I would have to try and hold her and with the other hand try and get the ramp in place. Once she was out, I had to try and put it all away again. It was a nightmare, but I managed it and as Dillon won't be trying to kill the other dogs it shouldn't be too bad for you, just fiddly.
At least then you will be able to wait in the waiting room. I had to wait in the car park with Shady and they would come and find me.
I really hope it is something simple with Dillon, thats easily fixed. I have everything crossed for you. What time is your appointment?
Page 10 of 17 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »