Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
No, thats where to see the best working Collies. Many working Collies look like mongrels. Many farmers dont care what they look like. Id say some of the best looking Collies that work Ive seen, are Moobli's. I reckon some of hers could compete in the ring too, now THAT is what a Collie should look like! Brains and beauty!
They are stunning looking Collies, but they would not stand a chance in the ring.

Nowhere near enough coat for starters.

I agree with BMF, you would not be seeing the best examples of border collies, a dog should be the whole, not just the look.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:20 PM
I with you girls.

I think the reason im not into showing, isthat i dont like show type collies
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Would you like to point out exactly where I was unpleasant, oh and while your at it I've proven thay Iams didnt have a trade stand at Crufts last year as they were not on the trade stands list.
Wasn't aware you had specified last year---must have missed that.

I read that you said you could NOT buy Iams at Crufts.

You certainly could when I went and you will be able to this year.

Maybe we have differing ideas on unpleasant.

Eukanuba used to have Iams in brackets next to it on its adverts I think I remember as well (from agility). Might be dreaming that!

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
They are stunning looking Collies, but they would not stand a chance in the ring.

Nowhere near enough coat for starters.

I agree with BMF, you would not be seeing the best examples of border collies, a dog should be the whole, not just the look.
I dont agree with that, whilst I agree the BC is more of a "trimmed" breed than it ever was, there are still a good many that are not very heavily coated. They have over the last decade or so become extremely popular in the ring and a lot look like Aussie's with tails!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
I with you girls.

I think the reason im not into showing, isthat i dont like show type collies
Nor do I

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:28 PM
No, thats where to see the best working Collies. Many working Collies look like mongrels. Many farmers dont care what they look like. Id say some of the best looking Collies that work Ive seen, are Moobli's. I reckon some of hers could compete in the ring too, now THAT is what a Collie should look like! Brains and beauty!
Collie----brains? LOL

How dare farmers breed a dog that can work rather than a barbie doll collie!

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Collie----brains? LOL

How dare farmers breed a dog that can work rather than a barbie doll collie!

rune
You're being silly again Lynn. Did I condemn them? NO! Did I say they should only be breeding for looks? NO!! I said most are not concerned with how the dog looks as long as it works. Please stop adding bits and making things up.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:35 PM
You're being silly again Lynn. Did I condemn them? NO! Did I say they should only be breeding for looks? NO!! I said most are not concerned with how the dog looks as long as it works. Please stop adding bits and making things up.
I will if you will!

rune
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:40 PM
i'm a fan.

I went for the first time last year and loved every minute of it! I want to go again this year.
Everybody is so friendly, and you meet some really knowledgable people and make new friends!!

I highly recommend it personally! - Only if you like dogs of course! ^_^
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:40 PM
But they are all recognisable as collies.

I have yet to see a BC working that looks like a cross. The more showing is done with them the more the breed start to conform in the ring and so the farm collies start to look 'wrong'.

I am not aware of any other breed with as many colour variations as collies, or as many acceptable ear sets? But this is slowly changing and this is all due to the showing set.

Your post shows that collies (as with Springers, Cockers and Labs, to a point,) are becoming more of a spilt breed, working and show type. I find that sad.
Page 49 of 103 « First < 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 59 99 > Last »