Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Ta all home now

Well home from hospital had my staples out at 3.30 Friday at the practice nurses; and at 5.30 I was winging my back to hospital via emergency ambulance, my wound had split right open about 10cm...of the 12cm...was open.......spent Friday night and all day Sat till 9 this morning in hospital had the wound resutured proper stictches to be removed Monday week, at the hospital. bit painful under a local got wide spectrum antibiotics, and some pain relief.

Not feeling brilliant but also not feeling rotten. Spending the day in bedroom, now I am out of hospital.

Not what you want having you stomach split open and have to hold it together day 10.......apparently it is not uncommon but not ususal.
Glad you're back home - please do take it easy for the time being.

You'd have thought that if it is not uncommon for the wound to reopen once the staples are out, that they would leave them in longer?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Glad you're back home - please do take it easy for the time being.

You'd have thought that if it is not uncommon for the wound to reopen once the staples are out, that they would leave them in longer?
Wise words words I hava uttered more than once over the last few days in confines of the hospital...but no answer.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 07:59 AM
My last major op, my wound became infected. Nasty, and not what I would like to see in your case, hon.

Rest well, hon, and heal fast x0x

elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Healing vibes xxxxxxxx
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Well another 24+ of sickness since about 9 last night all night no matter if I drank fluid or not.....oh well keep a drink down about 4 ish and a glass of milk down about 6 just has a dish of soup and an antibiotic, and planning on settling down for the night. No sign of an infection, fingers crossed a little setback in the proceding but whatever happens it will get better and I will be back to better than before......silver linning.....as I got a text today from a young girl in the bed next to me on Sat (when re-admitted with wound open) she was pregnant and constant sickness I recommended a soft drink I found wordked for me last week and she has kept them down since Sat, and they are discharging her tomorrow....the text was from her mom she said I was a brought back into hospital as a god send.
As her daughter was not speaking to anyne when she was brought it last week and had not spoken to anyone on the ward when they came Sat afternoon her daughter was sitting up in bed laughing .....(yes at me)...and she(the Mom) was saying Thank you. Thats nice.

So my re-admittance was a silver linning.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2010, 05:59 AM
It's lovely that you were able to help your bed-mate, hon.

Hope today sees you sickness-free

x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-05-2010, 06:06 AM
Oh dear you have been having a rough time.

I am glad to hear you are on the mend all be it slowly at the moment.

Keep resting and I hope you are feeling much better really soon. X
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Fell 1 billion percent better today...no more moaning from me...Thank you all. I appreciate all your good wishes, but firmly on the mend now.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Brilliant news x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Fell 1 billion percent better today...no more moaning from me...Thank you all. I appreciate all your good wishes, but firmly on the mend now.
Glad to hear that you are feeling so much better, but please take it easy still - we don't want you splitting open again

So lovely that you were able to help that girl - it sounds like you made a huge difference to her
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >