Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2010, 12:15 PM

Very Sad Morning

I took Shady and Kyiro over for a run at the greyhound kennels as usual this morning only to hear that my favourite greyhound Shannon is leaving there today.
She is the greyhound who made me actually look at greyhounds for the first time and realise what fabulous dogs they are, she has a very special place deep in my heart.
Shannon will be 3 next month and has never had a season so the owners are moving her to the kennel owners brothers kennels in hope that will bring her into season as they desperatly want to breed her.
So after I had given my dogs a run I put them in the car and went and got Shannon and took her for a farewell walk. I sobbed the whole time and just kept hugging her its broke my heart to say goodbye.
The kennel owner has promised me though if she doesn't have a season then he will tell the owners that I will have her here home to live with me when her racing days are over. I just hope they agree.
I love that girl so much and can't stop the tears flowing. She knew something was up this morning as she wasn't her normal happy self and really cuddled into me.
Jeez this hurts so much.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Oh Bev, sending you a big hug, Shannon sounds like she touched you deeply,and you will miss her so much
Since she is 3yrs and hasnt come into season, I am guessing here, but it would be slim that she will
I am hoping in 3 months we will hear you have a new addition.
If not, know she will have a litter of pups who she will be a great mother to and it was meant to be.
It is never nice having to say goodbye to a dog we love no matter if they are ours or not.
In the mean time looking at Kyrio hopefully gives you some comfort that Kyrio is a happy dog with the best home due to Shannon touching your heart so much.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-03-2010, 12:55 PM
(((Hugs))) Bev I hope things work out in your favour.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
Oh Bev, sending you a big hug, Shannon sounds like she touched you deeply,and you will miss her so much
Since she is 3yrs and hasnt come into season, I am guessing here, but it would be slim that she will
I am hoping in 3 months we will hear you have a new addition.
If not, know she will have a litter of pups who she will be a great mother to and it was meant to be.
It is never nice having to say goodbye to a dog we love no matter if they are ours or not.
In the mean time looking at Kyrio hopefully gives you some comfort that Kyrio is a happy dog with the best home due to Shannon touching your heart so much.
She really has touched me deeply Emma, deeper than I realised. Yes your right Kyiro owes his home here with us to Shannon, and I owe Shannon for the pleasure of having Kyiro.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
(((Hugs))) Bev I hope things work out in your favour.
Thanks Lynn, I do too more than anyone could realise.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2010, 01:10 PM
How sad, any animal that comes into your life has the ability to touch your heart, and leave you a better person for it, Shannon sounds like she has done just this to you, she has opened up a whole new window into your life, a window where it has allowed you to give a fantastic dog a great home, and left you with the thought that you might go back and do it again sometime I'm very hopefull that when the time is right Shannon will come back into your life, to enrich it some more, and give you the love that only a hound can, all you have to do is be patient and I'm sure you will be rewarded, although I doubt that will help in the mean time.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Awww, how sad
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2010, 01:37 PM
i too hope that all goes to plan and shady and kyiro have a new sister in the not so distant future. it's heartbreaking when you have that connection with an animal but can't share your life with them for whatever reason. i'm sure she is meant to be with eventually though. hugs to you. xxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
How sad, any animal that comes into your life has the ability to touch your heart, and leave you a better person for it, Shannon sounds like she has done just this to you, she has opened up a whole new window into your life, a window where it has allowed you to give a fantastic dog a great home, and left you with the thought that you might go back and do it again sometime I'm very hopefull that when the time is right Shannon will come back into your life, to enrich it some more, and give you the love that only a hound can, all you have to do is be patient and I'm sure you will be rewarded, although I doubt that will help in the mean time.
I really can't believe how upset I am. A couple of the other greyhounds went this week, one off to a pet home and one to a new owner and it didn't affect me, but my dear Shannon it feels like someone has ripped Shady away from me and taken her to live somewhere else.
I can only pray she does come back into my life one day. I will certainly be waiting for her.

Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Awww, how sad
Extremely heartbreaking, I now have a stinking headache from all the crying.

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
i too hope that all goes to plan and shady and kyiro have a new sister in the not so distant future. it's heartbreaking when you have that connection with an animal but can't share your life with them for whatever reason. i'm sure she is meant to be with eventually though. hugs to you. xxx
I hope so too but at the end of the day her owners decide her future and I have to accept I may have had my last cuddle with her this morning and never see her again.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2010, 02:31 PM
Sounds like a very special dog to me, hon......

Hugs xx00xx
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Greyhounds are very special dogs...they have big hearts dont they...and they forgive so easily.
Really hope this girl comes to you one day.
I know I still think of the dogs I left behind when I got Blue, but I couldnt take them all! X
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >