Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 01:00 PM

Feeling really sorry for myself... mega pain again

It would seem I have knocked my jaw out of alignment again

As some will remember, I had a wisdom tooth filled last month.. well after weeks of hell.. it all settled down I finaly got to the point were my bite/teeth were level and I could eat properly

Then on friday night.. when I had my dinner.. I bit down and the bite seemed to bang off again...

I had hoped it would sort its self out again... here I am on wednesday... no joy..

Its like having a broken jaw.. I have pain running up my jaw.. when I sleep I must bite down.. causing me to wake in agony.

I now have pain going down the soft tissue of my mouth.. even swallowing coffee.. gives me pain on the left hand side of my tounge and neck..

I really wish I had just had the damn tooth out now.

I have hardly slept last night... when I did get to sleep.. it was about 6.00am.. so slept untill 11.00am today then woke up in agony as I must have clamped my teeth..

ok... im done... rant over
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Awwww Shona, poor you, I know just how painful it must be I strongly suspect there's an abcess brewing underneath that tooth from what you describe, especially if it hurts to "bite" and your tooth feels like it's out of alignment. That's what happens, the abcess pushes the tooth up and it feels like your bite hits that before it bites properly on all the other teeth! I hate to say it, but you really need to take another trip and sit in that lovely chair! At least he'll give you ab's to start off with, and at least that will take away the pain...... for a while anyway..... it will always come back, because it's made the tooth slightly loose and allowing food to get down the sides and cause another abcess, story of my life, hence my new plastic jobbies!!!! At least I can sit and watch them ache!!!! Awwwww (((((((hugs))))))xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 01:07 PM
thanks Helena... I have never in my life had problems with my teeth... but ever since having this wisdom tooth filled ...its been hell...
Im even talking with a bit of a lisp... I shouted at dougie last night.. and because I didnt have my mouth right I clattered the tooth... I got so angry like it was his fault...

I strongly suspect there's an abcess brewing underneath that tooth
I dont like the sound of that... but I fear you could be right.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Aaaw Shona poor you, I hope you can get it sorted soon.
Any pain pulls you down and there is nothing worse than tooth/mouth pain.
{{{{hugs}}}} to you.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 01:14 PM
I look a right sight sucking on soup and soggy bread...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Hoping it gets better soon.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 01:22 PM
God that must really hurt.

Poor you, hope its better soon xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 01:28 PM
just made an emergency appointment for my dentist..9.00am tomorow.. so guess im going to have to live with it a bit longer....

Just clattered it again eating my soggy bread.... ended up booting a dog bowl right over the room,... Im so angry.... when it happens..

the dogs have piffed off upstairs.. even they dont want to be in a room with me

just what I need eh? more anger in my system,
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Shona, can you touch the top edge of the tooth with your finger (DO NOT do it if you THINK you will be in agony), if you can't without causing pain or if the thought of it is too much then I suspect H is right and its an abcess......

The good news hun is that is what I had and after the antibiotics and the sedative dressing the dentist cleared it all out and honestly it was SOOOOO nuch better than the pain. It does sound very like that, I couldn't put my bottom and top jaws together, so if you grind your teeth your F*cked - but then you already know that

Neurofen plus then paracetamol 2 hours after then 2 hours after neurofen plus and repeating that till max dose... and that 'orrible clove oil on the gum line. Warm chicken noodle soup through a mcdonalds or Burger King size straw aswell

Huge hugs

xxx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Sending you some setter hugs Shona - nothing worse than tooth ache is there - one of the worst pains there can be.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »