Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-06-2012, 05:50 AM

OK so I finally did it

Buzzed to the little Health Fund clinic yesterday late afternoon to collect my monthly chronic meds, and our lovely nurse brought them out to me, dangled the bag just out of my reach, and said "doctor - NOW - or I will not give them to you.

Me - why not?

She - because the new GP wants to see your face.

Me - but I cannot get in and the rear door is closed.

She - I will open it right now.

Me - but I do not have an appointment.

She - you do now.

So I have finally made the acquaintance of our new GP, who seems very pleasant, although it will take a bit of getting used to having a male GP, especially one whose English is only so-so. But I guess we are lucky in actually having a visiting GP, even though it is only for a total of 3½ hours a week.

Oh, and his name is Roman. [I mean that is his name, not where he is from!]

And the nurse gave me my meds!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2012, 06:08 AM
Thats good very pleased to hear you made his aquaintance. What a nice name very unusual.

His name conjurs up the look of tall dark and handsome am I right ? Or way off the mark.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-06-2012, 06:14 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thats good very pleased to hear you made his aquaintance. What a nice name very unusual.

His name conjurs up the look of tall dark and handsome am I right ? Or way off the mark.
I was thinking exactly the same thing Lynn, in my mind he's gorgeous

Sorry Malka not laughing at you, but it's so funny that the nurse was dangling your meds and using them as a bribe to see the doctor

moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2012, 06:33 AM
At least the tactics got you there!!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2012, 06:36 AM
I like the name too Lynn and yes he just has to be tall dark and handsome surely Malka.
Glad you finally met him, now you look after yourself and take care, don't want you doing silly things just so you can visit the handsome doctor
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-06-2012, 06:50 AM
Ummm - dark hair - not sure how tall as it is difficult to tell as he was sitting down - I did not notice his surname and when I asked him his name he just gave me his first name, Roman.

I think maybe he is originally from Romania although that would not explain his name, but his Hebrew is not noticeably accented so he is definitely not Russian, at least I do not think so but I was not going to ask him where he was from - not on a first acquaintance!

Nahum, my first GP when I came to Israel, was originally from Australia. Menachem, the one who took over when Nahum finally retired, was a 7th generation Jerusalamite.

Then I moved to the Moshav and our adorable GP Nina was originally from Poland. When she retired we had locum after locum and eventually one of the locums, Regina, decided to take on the peripatetic position permanently. Regina was from Russia. She was very nice and OK although she somehow did not understand that CAVE PENICILLIN on my notes meant never to prescribe Amoxycillin for me...

So now we have Roman who said he intended to stay as the peripatetic GP for the Moshavim and Kibbutzim in this area, but I am not holding my breath waiting to see how long he actually lasts.

Our adorable nurse is either from Russia or born here to Russian immigrants, as I know she speaks Russian, although her Hebrew is not really accented, and her English is fluent. She is not just adorable but also very affectionate and we are very lucky to have her.

Oh the joys of living in a Country with nearly 80 different languages spoken here!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Roman is a lovely name and my 3 year old son (named Roman) is very handsome

Ah well Malka that one way of getting you to see the doc
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-06-2012, 08:29 PM
That sounds like my gran! She hates seeing the doctor but she has to take a list of medicines, after a while there is a note put with her prescriptions saying "see me next time!" and the doctor doesn't write another prescription until she goes in!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Did you manage to get an examination because OF COURSE you told him about the problems you've been having, didn't you??

If not, big slap missus
Azz
Administrator
Male 

19-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Glad you got your meds Malka.

Were they happy pills?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >