Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 08:15 PM

I think I might finally be

Putting my past where it belongs.

Today I had a back to work with my manager. Now we have had loads of changes of managers since last June approximately. Now in the past my old manager kept preying on my weaknesses, she would rip into me if I had to have time off to look after my son and demand to know why my OH had not taken time off to look after him. So I always felt under pressure if I needed to be off for anything. This added to the misery of being stressed with work in general, and depressed. So the last few years I have been forcing myself to go to work. This manager would also pick on me whenever she was in a foul mood about something, but because of the party politics at the time I couldn't complain about it cause it would have gone nowhere.

The old manager was recently 'encouraged' to leave and our team was split up and put under different managers. Since then I have had three different managers is as many months. Anyway, this new one (yeah she's been there as long as me but...) took me in for my back to work. She could not have been more understanding about the depression I have, she was really nice when I told her what happened with mum as well. She also told me something which caught me completely by surprise. She had defended me on a few occasions with my old manager cause she felt that my home circumstances were none of her business and if I needed time off to look after my son I should have it without someone prying into my homelife.

I finally feel I can now move on, I can relax a bit at work and not be worrying if someone is looking over my shoulder or going to pick on me cause they are in a bad mood.

God this feels such a relief and so fantastic! After everything that has gone on with Mum, and having so much time off with this I feel I can go back to work and relax!

Sorry, just had to tell someone apart from my OH
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Don't apologise, hun, that's wonderful news

I hope you can enjoy your work again *hugs*
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Sounds like things are looking really positive now after you've been having a hard time. I think it does us good sometimes to post it on here and get it down in black and white.

Hugs for you (and nose licks from Bryan ) x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2009, 07:21 AM
Lovely news, Lorraine - onwards and upwards, kiddo, onwards and upwards

x0x0x0x0x