View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2012, 10:23 AM

Naughty Dillon on his walk this morning.

My heart was in my mouth at one point.

Firstly we went onto the field and someone has tethered a horse there so he stood there barking at it. I took his long line and encouraged him away we weren't that near but I didn't want him haring off.

We carried on the up the field stopped at the pooh bin and then took the usual track round which runs alongside the road to the crematorium. All of a sudden he was gone up the slope onto the road thank goodness the gates were shut it is not busy and it is just a small access road to the crematorium if he had got onto it but all the same I don't want him wandering or running onto that. He must of picked up a scent.

Goodness can he move when he wants unlike Ollie who was the plod along dog. Needless to say long line will be in my hand at this point from now on till he learns not to do it.

He then did lots of zoomies in and out of the long wet grass but that was ok he was on safe ground then.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Someones finding their feet
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
Someones finding their feet
Yes he is big feet at that. He is 7 months old now and cocking a deafen too when he feels like it I knew it would happen so am prepared for naughty episodes.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2012, 10:58 AM
On the other hand now you've got over the scare It must be lovely to see him running about after the worry of his legs and all the resting he did, he's just making up for lost time
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
On the other hand now you've got over the scare It must be lovely to see him running about after the worry of his legs and all the resting he did, he's just making up for lost time
It definitely is and to see him take off up that slope was amazing even if worrying for a split second. It is lovely that he has his walks and runs about and doesn't need any of the Rymadil that the vet at the RVC thought he may do. He is doing so well. Its all helping to rebuilding that muscle loss he has.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2012, 11:04 AM
And just think how much faster he'll be when his muscles are stronger, you better buy some running shoes
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
And just think how much faster he'll be when his muscles are stronger, you better buy some running shoes
Hopefully I will end up much fitter than I am now.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2012, 12:19 PM
ain't adolescence wonderful !!!!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Oh i remeber these days with phoebe. One day cute puppy hanging on my every word next day a teenager who ignored me and did as she pleased. If phoebe was human she would have been a girl gang yob