Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2013, 12:31 PM

They finally sectioned her

So you know that my mother has had an infected finger and I had tried to get a doctor to take a look at her. Finally I succeeded!

The doc tried to go see her the day after I called them, Mum shut the door in her face. But the doc managed to get a look at the finger, so tried again a week later with the same result.

Yesterday, they arrived with police and 5 psychiatric professionals and an ambulance driver. Dad said she went through the roof ranting full volume at them all, refused to go unless Dad went with her. He went up to New Craigs (the mental health hospital) with her and she has been sectioned for a minimum 28 days. She has been given an anti-psychotic drug this morning and will get more this afternoon.

Unfortunately until her mental health issues are resolved and she realises that the finger cannot remain in that state and she is in danger of contracting blood poisoning there is nothing they can do about the finger medically. Even the medical people say it's crazy but that's the law unfortunately

However, she is getting the treatment she needs at last!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Oh Lorraine I am sorry but like you say she is in the best place and will be looked after and the finger sorted out.
Must of been awful for your dad to witness this.
Such a shame that something so simple for most of us is such a trial mentally for some.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2013, 01:32 PM
How very very sad. I am so sorry and it must be very traumatic for your Mum, Dad and you of course. ((hugs)). Hopefully they will be able to help your Mum lead a more 'calm/stable' life and get her back home as soon as possible.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-04-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, but at the same time glad it has happened because of her state of mind and her refusal to get medical help she could have got herself to the stage where she was beyond any help whatsoever. Really hope they get to treat her finger whilst she is in their care, if she still refuses then it will be an obvious sign she needs more permanent care.
I bet it is a load of your's and your dad's mind, albeit temporary at the moment
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2013, 02:00 PM
I know how you feel and as awful as it is they kind of don't remember too much of how they felt once they have calmed down on the meds they get, so you and dad will be feeling guilty as hell but hopefully once she is home she will be so glad to get home that the way she got to hospital will be forgotten. It is awful and I really feel for you xxxxxxxx Hope she has a swift recovery x
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2013, 02:04 PM
What a terrible thing for you all to have to go through, but hopefully she will get the help she needs and will be all the better for it.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Lorraine these events must be very upsetting for you , it must be some consolation your Mother is getting the help she needs.x