Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 02:53 PM

Where to go and what to do?!

well - its a miracle... ive booked time off work to go on holiday!!! ive not been on holiday for 5/6+ years!!

ive booked off a fri-mon.

techincally i have from thurs afternoon as i finish work at 2

anyhow - im in the north west - i fancy visiting scotland, but also north wales (we had a caravn there - childhood memories n all lol), or lincs?! or anywhere else thats good?!

but what to do - where to go etc??!

any thoughts welcome as ive booked my time off now and need to book my actuall holiday

p.s im not taking the doglets on this one this is my 21st birthday holiday haha
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-01-2009, 05:46 PM
I love Scotland and being in the Northwest you aren't far from the border, how about Edinbugh if you want to make it special for your 21st. Its my favourite city and lots to do and see especially in the old town and is beautiful any time of the year

I also like North Wales too, Conwy is stunning at any time of the year. I suppose it depends what kind of thing you fancy doing
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Old town Edinburgh is fantastic and there is loads to do in and around the centre. Depends on what you want really some really nice places in the borders too.

Give us an idea...partying, scenic, cultural, shopping, walking, what sort of things you looking for?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Dublin!! Cheap flight and away you go. Sightseeing, partying all rolled into one.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Dublin!! Cheap flight and away you go. Sightseeing, partying all rolled into one.
Great idea Rach, belfast is great aswell
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 06:41 PM
thanks for all the replies

Originally Posted by amethystbelle View Post
I love Scotland and being in the Northwest you aren't far from the border, how about Edinbugh if you want to make it special for your 21st. Its my favourite city and lots to do and see especially in the old town and is beautiful any time of the year

I also like North Wales too, Conwy is stunning at any time of the year. I suppose it depends what kind of thing you fancy doing

brilliant ideas - will look into that - conwy is fantastic and it is my goal to visit scotland (and hopefully live eventually) lol!

Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Old town Edinburgh is fantastic and there is loads to do in and around the centre. Depends on what you want really some really nice places in the borders too.

Give us an idea...partying, scenic, cultural, shopping, walking, what sort of things you looking for?
not a massive party girl tbh, possibly sightseing,, mabey biking/quadding - im a slight nutter with speed things lol!

Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
im terrified of flying i tried to go ireland once - i got off the plane i was that terrified!!! although fab idea - mabey ina few years when ive got over being chlastrophobic....
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Go on the fast ferry then. Foot passenger from Liverpool to Dublin, not very long and quite glam too these days.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2009, 09:20 AM
ohh yes thats true!! + liv isnt that far - ohh

shall look into that - thanks
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-01-2009, 05:20 PM
Kill two birds with one stone go across to Ireland via Wales you get the best of both worlds then