Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 06:17 PM

Do people tease your dogs if left in the car

Taken from another thread I posted on, I just wondered if anyone else has similar problems

I will no longer leave my lot in the car if I need to pop into tesco or similar, people CANT pass a car with a rottie or two in it without hitting the window to see if they can make them snarl and snap at the window,

Now none of my lot get defensive in the car, its not been the first time I have been returning to the car, looking at people tapping the glass.... not content at that when the get no reaction, they start slapping at the car all aggressive, putting there face right up to it. I never shout, I walk up really calm as if im passing, {I never have the car locked as they set the alarm off } when I get up to the car I open the door... and say if your going to tease them do it to there face.... that really gets them
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Some people are just complete ar*eholes!

x0x
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 06:30 PM
It's how my Bertie now hates motorbikes, he used to be fine with them, not batting an eyelid, but since he was left in the back of my car outside the hall I used to go to obedience classes and the young lads that hang out there were on a moped and winding him up, he feels he has to kill all motorbikes, if one goes past my car he is barking at the window and if one goes past when I'm walking him down the road he will lunge at it unless I've heard it first and got him to sit and keep his attention.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Now we always make sure one of us stays with them if they have to stay in the car but it has amazed me how many people try to put their hands in the top of the window, when I get out and explain one of mine will take their fingers off they get an attitude and say I shouldn't keep a dog like that - errm no you shouldn't have your fist in my car thank you very much !!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 06:37 PM
What stupid gits.

love your response though Shona.

Not had anyone deliberately winding mine up (that I know of)
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 06:46 PM
what really gets me though is.. the way people behave when they dont get the snarling reponse they expect, they get really mean.. making silly barking sounds and so on slapping the window but doing it as if they are trying to hit the dog inside... the mind boggles.. I have seen people with young kids doing it
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I never have the car locked as they set the alarm off
This worries me more than the teasing. Someone could easily let your dog/s loose.

If your car alarm cannot be bypassed when the dogs are left in the car (and most can) then you should have it modified by the manufacturer.

Your dogs are at great risk.
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2008, 06:50 PM
i bet they never take you up on there offer!!!

i was in the car once with Roggie & i put him on the driver seat while i was on the passenger seat and this guy come up to the window banging on it tormenting him!!

obviously i then lent over...scared the crap out of him as he thought the dog was alone in the car!

he didnt even say sorry, idiots!!!
Tye_Bo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2008, 06:55 PM
I never ever leave my boy in the car - I'd be too worried about him getting stolen.
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-11-2008, 06:58 PM
I must admit, i'm far too paranoid to leave my two in the car i convince myself that someone would try to nick them

Jann
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >