Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 05:26 PM

I'm not wearing that!!!!!

Well it turned really cold here today and as we are coming back to England the end of January I decided to get the dogs some nice warm Coats! Off we trot to the shops this morning and unfortunately Petto's was to small so they are having to order his. When we got home I put Ozzies coat on him to show my oh what it was like, and Ozzie just froze to the spot, wouldn't walk, tail down - nothing, he was just like a statue! My oh said leave it on, he just needs to get used to it But I couldn't, poor thing - he hates it!

And here was me thinking I was doing them a favour in getting coats for them, if they think its cold here now what are they going to be like when we arrive back in England! What a waste of 25 euros that was! Hope Petto dont do the same when his arrives!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Awww, bless.

But don't throw it away just yet, once he's back here and feels the cold, he might think very differently.

Mind you, he always looks like he has a lovely thick coat of his own, so maybe he won't mind the change in temperature.

Is that you coming back for good now?
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 06:10 PM
i think we need a pic shaza
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Tell you what hun....when they touch down they'll be begging you for them.....it's bloody cold here
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 08:21 PM
He'll definitely need it at the moment, Sharon - it's fffffreezing here!

Are you coming back for good, or just a visit?

Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 08:41 PM
My sister in law just bought a coat for her mini schnauzer and had much the same reaction. I say perservere, they get used to them...she went out in it with us this aft and is getting used to it now. At first she wouldn't walk, but soon got going, then she wouldn't pee or poo with it on, but today she seems to have accepted it. Keep going, they'll love you for it when you get here!
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Awww, bless.

But don't throw it away just yet, once he's back here and feels the cold, he might think very differently.

Mind you, he always looks like he has a lovely thick coat of his own, so maybe he won't mind the change in temperature.

Is that you coming back for good now?
I shall persevere with it! He does have a thick coat, but then again he's never lived in England before! I actually chose the one I did because it was waterproof on the outside with a nice sheepskin lining! Shall wait for Petto's to arrive before I try again!

Originally Posted by janie View Post
i think we need a pic shaza
Dont know what's up with my camera, but all the pics come out with lines through them, shall try and find the computer lead for the mobile and get a pic!

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Tell you what hun....when they touch down they'll be begging you for them.....it's bloody cold here
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
He'll definitely need it at the moment, Sharon - it's fffffreezing here!

Are you coming back for good, or just a visit?

Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
My sister in law just bought a coat for her mini schnauzer and had much the same reaction. I say perservere, they get used to them...she went out in it with us this aft and is getting used to it now. At first she wouldn't walk, but soon got going, then she wouldn't pee or poo with it on, but today she seems to have accepted it. Keep going, they'll love you for it when you get here!
We are coming back to England for at least 6 months, maybe 12. Was really looking forward to it, but now its all sorted, I'm having 2nd thoughts My oh keeps saying, just treat it like a Holiday My response to that was, oh right, can we go somewhere else then, maybe a little warmer! I'm sure once I'm back I will be ok!
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2008, 09:16 PM
when i used to have my staff he did that exact thing, but in the end the big poof wouldnt go out in the cold without it, he would sit on the doorstep until I put it on !
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Bryan is exactly the same when I put anything new on him

I just got him a new coat (a Muddy Paws one) because he'd grown out of the one we got him when he was a puppy. It's one that the dog steps into and velcroes up the back.

So I put it on him and he wouldn't move, tail down etc. just like your dog! So I went into the kitchen and got him a treat out and he came running

It's not been cold enough for him to need to wear it yet, but it's ready and aiting for him
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 09:08 PM
oh bless i must say when we first got coats for our dogs they all froze as it is a ew thing, i would leave the coats on and feed a nice treat so it makes it pleasant i keep doing this and then walk away a little so they have to walk to ge the treat and build it up, it really helped me and now they love there coats if they see me get them they now its time for a walk and they sit and wait while i put them on.

keep at it hun they will get used to it but like all things it takes time hun.

good luck and would love to see pics. xx