Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 08:01 PM

Poor fox.......

Coming home from work tonight I saw something that almost reduced me to tears.

I work in an industrial estate which is pretty much empty by 5pm. I left work just after, and on my way through the estate towards the exit a fox crossed in front of my car.... he was about 10 yards in front of me, walking very slowly.

He stopped to look at me and I wound down the window to "talk" to him (as I'm a bit soft).

He was so thin, I'm not sure he'll survive the night. All his ribs and hip bones were showing, and he was terribly lethargic. I spoke softly to him, and he just continued slowly and crawled under a parked car.

I guess I'm used to the foxes where I live which are fed by myself and a friend - they look lovely and healthy.

Feel so sad for the poor creature....
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Oh how very sad Are there any wildlife rescues in your area? I wonder if Wildlife Aid would come out as far as you? You could give them a ring ... they are really helpful.
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2008, 08:29 PM
aww poor fox!
im a big softie for any animal too - bf calls me crazy when im there on the dog walks picking up snails so they dont get squished hahaa!!

there was a dead bunny on the path today where we walked dogs poor things...x
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Awww poor thing I have seen a couple in the fields near me and have to stop the boys going after them.... not my fave animal I am afraid, but hate seeing them in pain and distress....
Tan's mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-10-2008, 08:54 PM
agree its sad to see them ill or suffering but IMO foxes are a b**dy nuisance, sorry but as somewhere with 50 odd chickens, guinea fowl, ducks and quail we are forever getting foxes in and killing them. we lost all our ducklings recently over 3 nights due to the foxes. also we lost 4 lambs as well over lambing season
packleader
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Speaking as some one whose has kept a flock of geese. Not forgetting the duck, some one dumped in my garden because I kept birds and would know what to do with it. They used the garden during the day, and were locked in their huts before dusk. Then we would watch our local fox cubs play on our lawn.

The geese lived to a ripe old age as pets, and the duck went to our local rescue which is also a working farm. The duck stayed with all the other ducks on the stream they have there.

Our foxes live in a old orchard across the street from us, and this is in town not in the country.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Sadly, the fox died. Not unexpected but horrid all the same .

It died where it had crawled to, underneath the car. The people who owned that unit where the car was parked, put the carcass in a cardboard box with a blanket over it - I saw it this morning - and they've since "disposed" of it.

I know it's only a fox, but I love them, and it looked so miserable........

Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Poor thing
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Sounds like there may have been something else wrong with the poor fella. Coming out of a fair year after a mild winter a healthy fox shouldn't be that thin.

Poor thing though xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2008, 03:09 PM
It's the way he/she looked at me that makes me so sad
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >