Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-10-2008, 08:52 PM

Silent witness!!!!!

Anyone watching it......

Cant believe it, got a rottie attacking a child on.........wonderful!!!!!!!!!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 08:56 PM
I said to my OH ...... he was running to give a kiss that's all! hehe!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 06:25 AM
Anyone watch Silent Witness last night? Why does it ALWAYS have to be a Rottweiler when there's a vicious dog on TV. Poor Rotties - always the bad image! When I was a kid a local guy had a Rott (before everyone was scared of them!) and the dog pulled him out of the canal when he fell in and was drowning. You never hear anything good about strong breeds these days do you?
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 06:29 AM
I was more upset about the fact they used a Rottie than the fact several kids died.....

It looked quite a young one at that...
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 07:57 AM
i thought that dont do the breed any good does it, mind u the thug wouldnt of looked so mean if he had a poodle on the end of the lease.
my neighbours dog is one of the most adorable dogs ive met. gives rotties a good name does grace.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
i thought that dont do the breed any good does it, mind u the thug wouldnt of looked so mean if he had a poodle on the end of the lease.
my neighbours dog is one of the most adorable dogs ive met. gives rotties a good name does grace.

That's very true. Although there are plenty of lovely rotties and staffs etc the programme makers wanted a dog that would be realistically one that gang might have specifically to look hard and threatening. There choice or dog was always going to be from rotties, shepherds, staffs, pit bulls, dobes etc etc

It's a horrible truth but the people who want a hard looking dog and aren't going to be responsible owners aren't going to choose a poodle or a retriever.