Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 02:06 PM

My New Beds by Leon - English Setter

Yes, you read it correctly, I'm a very lucky boy in that mummy bought me two beds, one for at home and one for in the unit.

I heard mummy telling daddy that she had sold some stuff on ebay and wanted to get me some beds that would be all snuggly for the winter...there isn't any heating on in the unit at the moment and it gets a bit nippy in there, even with the little fan blower on me I still had to curl up in a tight ball in my other bed, with a strategically placed over-blanket just to get to sleep!

Anyway, the beds arrived on Tuesday and mummy and daddy brought them both into the kitchen for me to try out. Now being quite a canny lad, I thought if I played it dead cool I may be able to wangle a custard cream or something out of the situation. Mummy asked me to get into the bed, so I did...here I am with a real sad face on...no biscuits yet!:

Then I got out and flopped onto the floor, daddy was laughing at mummy saying that she had wasted all that money on me and that I didn't like the bed. So mummy asked if I would get in it if she got in it with me, (scuse mummy's hair, she got all windswept on our walk lol).:

Still no biscuits materialised so I decided I may as well get in it, its really quite comfy you know, and the best thing is that I can dig under the big cushion and hide my toys and treats until I want them. Before I knew it I was sound asleep in it, it was well comfy and sort of enveloped me as I lay there...I was as snug as a bug in a rug

Suddenly I was awoken by daddy trying to get in there with me...the blooming cheek of it...I dealt with him in the best way I could....there, that'll teach him to creep up on me again lol:

I was at the unit all day with daddy yesterday, I normally stay with mummy but she had to go to hospital and daddy said it would be good practice ready for when she has to go in for a few days. Well I take my job there very seriously indeed...it is my duty to meet and greet the customers and reps...it's not really my fault though if I don't always hear them come in...is it????

Thanks for reading, big settery kisses from Leon xxx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Can see what mummy and daddy wanted to get in - looks lovely and comfy and you are so cuddly Leon

And now I fancy a custard cream too

kisses right back at ya!

Love your new beds Leon - not going to show my crew as they may want one
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

02-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Awww what a sweet boy you are and you look so cosy all suggled up in your new beds . Just you tell your Mummy and Daddy that these are doggy beds and they are just for you "so Humans stay out" LOL

Thanks for the kisses amd here are some back from me and my gang. xxxxxxxxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Aww thanks very much Aunties Rach and Eunice xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Lovely story, Leon, and your new beds are just gorgeous! x0x0x0x0x
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 09:32 PM
leon you look gorgeous, and i love your bed. It looks so comfy and soft. Arn't mum and dad good to ya!! :.)
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 06:34 AM
Lovely photos of you and your new bed...but fancy not being able to wangle a custard cream out of it

Looks like you and Daddy are developing a very special bond too - lovely to see
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-10-2008, 06:56 AM
Lovely to hear from you Leon. The beds look really comfy, I think you need a keep out Humans sign on them though.
Glad to see you are settling in and getting on well with Daddy sure that must be such a relief for Mummy when she has to be a way for a while.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Hello to all my Aunties Yep, the beds are very comfy indeed, I even stayed in mine last night when mummy and daddy went out for supper...gone off custard creams now cos mummy bought me a sausage and I had a few chips too!

I do really love my new Daddy, he is very kind to me and tries to take my tiger off me sometimes, but I know he is only playing with me. xxx