Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2008, 10:12 PM

Hair/Beauty/Nails

Hi
To trade i am a Hairdresser / Beautician / Nail technician.
I'm by no means an expert in any given field but i do have a fair amount of years working at all of the above so if i can help in any way - here i am.

I hope in some way to give back a little in any advice i learn from here about dogs.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Ohhh, can you advise me what which brand of foundation and tinted moisturizers you think are best?

I'm in my late 30's, have pale skin (and wrinkles boooo!!) and want a nice light reflective one but am not sure which brand to go for?

Any help would be much appreciated
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi
Have you considered a mineral based foundation?
Lily Lolo do trial sizes for 99p
Jane Iredale is also very good. (Mineral foundation is best applied in layers).
Many in the industry believe the best coverage (budget) is Maxactor but in the budget range i prefer No 7. I'm also quite a fan of Virgin vie's one step face base when your in a hurry, its a Creme to Powder and covers everything.
In the more expensive range Estee Lauder double wear stay in place make up is probably best.
For a tinted i can highly recommend Chanel but oh boy its pricey.

Hope thats of some help.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 02:55 PM
I love my Virgin Vie one step face base as have 5mins to make up in the morning.
It's in a compact so you can take it with you easily for touch ups too.
Use a foundation brush for light coverage or the sponge for heavier coverage... you can also buy refills to save money, though I get mine off of Ebay anyway so a bit cheaper.
It's a doddle.

.....and I can't believe you are late 30's AM???
wendyann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Ok, heres a question, I suffer from Roscea, not too bad, any tips on foundation to even skin out,
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Where's the best place to have your eyebrows and eyelashes tatoo'd do you think? Do I look for a hairdresser's with a beauty salon, or a big beauty salon where they do this, maybe a plastic surgery place, or a tatooist please? I want the best place where they won't be making any mistakes!!! If you tell me the type of place to go for, then I can use Yell to find one in my area, but for a good one I don't mind travelling, I'm in the South East UK? Thanks!
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by wendyann View Post
Ok, heres a question, I suffer from Roscea, not too bad, any tips on foundation to even skin out,
Hi Wendyann
You could try Trish McEvoy's even skin foundation, its widely been used to cover scarring from plastic surgery. Also Bobbi Brown have some that offer thicker coverage.

Also use Environ skin care products if you can, great for preventing ageing, pigmentation, scarring, wrinkles, acne, roscea & sun damage. Hope that helps.
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Where's the best place to have your eyebrows and eyelashes tatoo'd do you think? Do I look for a hairdresser's with a beauty salon, or a big beauty salon where they do this, maybe a plastic surgery place, or a tatooist please? I want the best place where they won't be making any mistakes!!! If you tell me the type of place to go for, then I can use Yell to find one in my area, but for a good one I don't mind travelling, I'm in the South East UK? Thanks!
I'm sorry Helena this is not an area i have any training in or first hand experience of but i will ask around & get back to you.
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi Liz,

What colours of lipstick/eye shadow colour should I go for? I have medium colour skin tone, hazels eyes and brown with blonde high lights.
Thanks
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi Liz,

I have blonde hair, blue eyes and fair skin. What colour and type of eyecolour/shadow is best? Thanks.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >