Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 06:50 PM

Mo's day out.

We popped back to the rescue centre today, where we got Mo from, because we had some donations from our party back in August to hand over.
Yesterday they had an open day and dog show which we couldn't get to. The weather was so good they had a record number of people turn up and ended up turning people away Usually they have between 80/90 dogs enter the show, yesterday they had 240 Hope they made a good sum of money for the centre.
Anyway Mo had a good, time all the staff made a fuss of her. The centre's cat strolled across in front of us, which Mo showed an unhealthy interest in she nearly slipped her collar in her attempt to go and investigate
From there we went to PAH. We took Mo in (on her lead of course) well there are loads of fluffy animals in there that she got scent of
Then on the way home we got fish and chips and sat on Paignton sea front to eat them with Mo slobbering down our backs
So then a little bit of fish finished off Mo's exciting day
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 07:38 PM
hello nippy
sounds like a lovely day ,its lovely to go back and show your lovely girl off , i love paignton i can just see you all sitting there ,eating your fish and chips ,he he ,you both love that girl to bits ,she lucky girl
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 07:49 PM
We are the lucky ones QW to have found such a great little doggy girl
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 07:54 PM
It would have been lovely going for a visit, the staff must have loved seeing how happy she is
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Sounds like they had a good day Jen. Great way to finish the day too - we have done the same this evening overlooking the harbour
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2008, 09:27 PM
I love the sea, I'm very envious reading your posts ! I'm looking forward to taking my 2 rescue dogs to the seaside for the first time, hopefully soon.Betty is getting better in the car so we might try a longer journey soon, that will be something watching them on a beach for the first time.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Sounds like a good day - I'm sure the staff appreciate visits from the dogs they have rehomed and Mo evidently enjoyed the attention.

As for PAH, sounds like if you'd have let her pick her own 'toy' she would've opted for one of the small furries

Glad you all had a nice time
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 06:53 AM
What a lovely day out for Mo!
I know the rescue staff would have loved seeing her and how well she's doing - and I bet she did enjoy the fuss - not to mention the fish on the seafront later.

She was lucky you came along to give her a home - it seems to me there are lots of special dogs in rescue.
Wish they all could have the chance of a forever home *hugs*
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Thanks for your replies everyone
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
I love the sea, I'm very envious reading your posts ! I'm looking forward to taking my 2 rescue dogs to the seaside for the first time, hopefully soon.Betty is getting better in the car so we might try a longer journey soon, that will be something watching them on a beach for the first time.
We can't go on the beach in the summer, so I am dying to get back down there on the 1st Oct. Mo goes mad and just runs for England. It is somehow different than anywhere else

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Sounds like a good day - I'm sure the staff appreciate visits from the dogs they have rehomed and Mo evidently enjoyed the attention.

As for PAH, sounds like if you'd have let her pick her own 'toy' she would've opted for one of the small furries

Glad you all had a nice time
There is no doubt It was so funny to see her, head up eyes transfixed, soooo alert.

Originally Posted by MissE View Post
What a lovely day out for Mo!
I know the rescue staff would have loved seeing her and how well she's doing - and I bet she did enjoy the fuss - not to mention the fish on the seafront later.

She was lucky you came along to give her a home - it seems to me there are lots of special dogs in rescue.
Wish they all could have the chance of a forever home *hugs*
When I get to the centre they say "Oooooh heres Mo" and all come to greet her. They like to be able to follow her up and it makes me feel good that they still love and remember her.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 08:34 AM
What a great day had by all. That's two of you now eating fish and chips when I haven't had them for about a year, and I love them! Glad Mo enjoyed a lovely day out meeting everyone and all those dogs, bless her heart. You know not to get a cat then Jen???!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >