Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 10:38 AM

How Does Your Dogs Mind Work.

I was chatting to Fiona (Hali) today, and commented on that I think Bruce maybe the last puppy that I have (BC wise) taking into consideration my age and how long dogs life span are, especially BC's. Fiona made a comment of 'surely not, you could slip in another young one;, my eyes drifting to my Bruce..............who is at the moment having a mad one and finding new idea's.
Yesterday we went out of our way to get him his large hide chews, which keep him entertained for a day or two, and maybe the reason why he has never chewed anything in the house, but today ''Dear Bruce'' has worked out a new and bright idea for hide chews, (as I was telling Fiona) you take said chew in your mouth, and hit Skye over the head with it, or throw it at her, which if a bulleye is scored, has the same effect. Skye in turn is not amused so she ended up telling him off, which resulted in her chasing him outdoors...........now this in mind has created a good game for Bruce, so he has taken to torting Skye by popping his head around the doorframe, hitting the chew on the floor, which promotes a ''I'll get you'' from Skye and so a mad whirl of chasing around the garden and back through the house has been the 'Name Of The Game'
Skye has had him by the back leg and slid him across the floor on his back, which seems to delight Bruce no end, and everytime she stops, he goes into 'please please DO IT AGAIN' mode.
As I said to Fiona...........hopefully they will soon be asleep. I have tried getting Skye to ignore him.........but then Bruce comes up with another idea and away we go again.......
Anyone else got a dog with grand idea's.........or would you like this one
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 05:43 PM
lol he is just about as cheeky as can be .
some times our dylan takes off with the tea towl and the pair of them rag one another up down the room with it :- i some times get back from work to find them ,fast a sleep , with the torn tea towl on the floor ,next to them
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Tonks loves to leap and coax my mum's old GSDxcollie to play with her, but when she gets told to leave him alone and calm down she lies down looking very sweet and hard done by. She then flops on to her side once she thinks no one is looking, and does a variety of yawns and stretches, until she is near him and then gently touches his nose, tap, tap, tap....until he gets up again, which gives her the excuse to get up again!

We feels sorry for Dewi, but he used to do the same sort of the thing to my old foxhound cross years ago. Dewi would pounce around him until he managed to get him to play but Lenny was the wise one then. He would get a tug toy and dewi would grab the other end and throw himself around tugging, shaking, leaping in and out......Lenny used to lie down, elbows out......and not move at all..............Dewi was soon worn out and dropped into a sleep.............and Lenny had barely broken a sweat and hadn't had a single razor sharp puppy tooth on him!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Loki 'accidentally' shoulder barges Lottie (Mum's BC) to get her to chase him and bite his ears. He also tried to drag her out of the water on the beach by her hind leg or tail! Lottie pretends to attack my feet to get Loki to chase her. She's looking at him out of the corner of her eye as she does it!!!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 06:13 PM
I like the sound of young Brucie!
I'll take him if you need a rest
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Sorry MissE he is coming here
Mo has no imagination at all, although she does go mad with a Yorkie on her walks!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
lol he is just about as cheeky as can be .
some times our dylan takes off with the tea towl and the pair of them rag one another up down the room with it :- i some times get back from work to find them ,fast a sleep , with the torn tea towl on the floor ,next to them
Ahhhh so more tea towels it is then for your christmas pressie
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Tonks loves to leap and coax my mum's old GSDxcollie to play with her, but when she gets told to leave him alone and calm down she lies down looking very sweet and hard done by. She then flops on to her side once she thinks no one is looking, and does a variety of yawns and stretches, until she is near him and then gently touches his nose, tap, tap, tap....until he gets up again, which gives her the excuse to get up again!

We feels sorry for Dewi, but he used to do the same sort of the thing to my old foxhound cross years ago. Dewi would pounce around him until he managed to get him to play but Lenny was the wise one then. He would get a tug toy and dewi would grab the other end and throw himself around tugging, shaking, leaping in and out......Lenny used to lie down, elbows out......and not move at all..............Dewi was soon worn out and dropped into a sleep.............and Lenny had barely broken a sweat and hadn't had a single razor sharp puppy tooth on him!
What goes round comes round Eh!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Loki 'accidentally' shoulder barges Lottie (Mum's BC) to get her to chase him and bite his ears. He also tried to drag her out of the water on the beach by her hind leg or tail! Lottie pretends to attack my feet to get Loki to chase her. She's looking at him out of the corner of her eye as she does it!!!
That's a familiar thing...the look from the corner of the eye...
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Sorry MissE he is coming here
Mo has no imagination at all, although she does go mad with a Yorkie on her walks!
Fight amongst yourself, who ever wins can have him for a week or two,or more .......... we're off again this morning, I think this is the morning ritual now
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Bruce always makes me laugh, he's such a cheeky character who works out quickly what he needs to do to get what he wants.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-09-2008, 07:38 AM
I have found it to be the case with puppies that just as you become exasperated with a 'new behaviour' if ignored the behaviour is usually abandoned quite quickly for some new form of entertainment

When Zak the springer puppy comes to stay the two puppies together are a nightmare competing to see who can outwit the other
Chloe won't let Zak touch any of her toys and always takes away each toy that he picks up, once it is in her possession she immediately abandons it and goes for for the next thing that Zak is trying to play with.
The other day Zak decide to give up on trying to get a toy and to play tag with Chloe's beard instead, in his latest game he pulls her beard then runs off
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Bruce always makes me laugh, he's such a cheeky character who works out quickly what he needs to do to get what he wants.
He's a ''worker out'' but cheecky and happy with it
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
I have found it to be the case with puppies that just as you become exasperated with a 'new behaviour' if ignored the behaviour is usually abandoned quite quickly for some new form of entertainment

When Zak the springer puppy comes to stay the two puppies together are a nightmare competing to see who can outwit the other
Chloe won't let Zak touch any of her toys and always takes away each toy that he picks up, once it is in her possession she immediately abandons it and goes for for the next thing that Zak is trying to play with.
The other day Zak decide to give up on trying to get a toy and to play tag with Chloe's beard instead, in his latest game he pulls her beard then runs off
That is SO Bruce, once he realises that a certain thing has failed, he's off finding another more productive one