Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 10:06 AM

A lovely day out

Yesterday me, hubby Paul and MissyChief all went off to Battersea's annual reunion.

We had a wonderful day.

We drove down from Essex and parked right inside the park at Chelsea Gate.
We saw so many dogs in the park as we were walking towards the event - all running free and all having fun. Didn't see one misbehave !

Once at the event all dogs had to be on lead, and funnily enough that seemed to create more barking opportunities!

There were many trade stalls, many charity stalls and many things for the dogs to do.
Missy had a go at water bobbing, winning treats and a food scoop -and then she had a go at a scurry run, which she did in 9 seconds - and got more treats as a prize!
The tennis ball tombola saw her pick out a winning ball and you guessed it -another bag of treats.
The double lane scurry beckoned and she did that too. All the time she was grinning - this little girl had a whale of a time and her joy spilled over to everyone around.

We met two of her previous kennel hands and they were delighted with how well she looked and the commands she followed. One was delighted that although Missy took a fuss from her, she didn't really remember her. Happy tears in her eyes as she told us that Missy wouldn't take her eyes off me and she had forgotten all her previous life - which was just as she hoped it would be.

We went to see the stall of "The Little Dog Laughed" company. This is because Missy is a featured dog in their "Give a Dog a Home" book- True Tales of Courage and Survival. We had a signed copy to pick up and champagne to quaff

the Little Dog company seem to have fallen in love with my girl - not only was she in the book, but her likeness is also in their "Biscuit Club - Scruffy Mutts" calendar and also in the centre of their Scruffy Mutts drinking bowl.
( I put the pictures in the "your pics" section)

The best thing about all of this fame? That a portion of all the sales from these products will go to help Battersea.

So my darling girl who lived there so long is now instrumental in helping others who live there, and perhaps her very own story will encourage others to give a dog a home.
No finer tribute to a gorgeous little girl

The best day out, ever.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 10:19 AM
I think Missie is grand, I am so happy that she only has eyes for you, a sad beginning with a wonderful ending...........glad you all enjoyed yourselves Hun.xxxxxxxxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 10:22 AM
It certainly would be hard to top such a day

We all know what a special girl Missy is, but we also know that it's down to you and your OH that she has had the opportunity to show it.

As you say, it isn't just the money side where she is helping Battersea - she must be an inspiration to those considering rescuing to see just what can happen if you take a lost sole into your lives.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 10:31 AM
It sounds a wonderful day

I am sure Missy's story will inspire many people, I know rescue dogs are in my future
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 06:26 PM
thanks Steph - she does, she watches me all the time.. when she isn't sleeping

and Fiona and LH, I hope she will be an inspiration for people to rescue. That would be a wonderful thing. xx