Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 12:14 PM

Daniel and Leon - English Setter

Clive has Daniel to stay over every Monday and Tuesday night so he was very happy to come out for the evening walk to the duck pond with Leon and I.

Clive took these photos of the pair of them..."our boys" as we should call them

Thanks for looking

Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Awww, looks like they are getting on really well.

I think its lovely that Daniel will get to understand the joys of having a dog in your life.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Awww, looks like they are getting on really well.

I think its lovely that Daniel will get to understand the joys of having a dog in your life.
Thanks Fiona, they are really starting to bond, Daniel wants to do everything gfor him, from changing his water bowl to checking his ears and teeth

The setters never cease to amaze me with their kindness towards kiddies, considering none of mine were raised around children, they all adore them and are very gentle towards them.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Lovely picture of the two of them - Daniel looks very happy with Leon - and vice versa. Thank you for sharing.

I think children learn so much taking care of a pet.

Its one of the main reasons we have setters due to their attitude with children. The girls (Em and Jess that is) just love doing stuff with them - Jess and Connor have a wonderful bond now as they do so much together.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Lovely picture of the two of them - Daniel looks very happy with Leon - and vice versa. Thank you for sharing.

I think children learn so much taking care of a pet.

Its one of the main reasons we have setters due to their attitude with children. The girls (Em and Jess that is) just love doing stuff with them - Jess and Connor have a wonderful bond now as they do so much together.
Thanks Rach..yes, I think their temperaments are certainly one of the reasons they make great family dogs, its lovely to hear about Jess and Connor (I bet he's really quite grown up now) xx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Thanks Rach..yes, I think their temperaments are certainly one of the reasons they make great family dogs, its lovely to hear about Jess and Connor (I bet he's really quite grown up now) xx
Thanks Sheree - Will post some pics from this weekend out in the fields - wet and muddy though!

He is more than he was but as you know the Gordons take alot longer than the English to mature so he is still quite gangly and adoloscently skinny! (if you know what I mean!)

He is now just out of junior so we will be giving the champ shows a miss for a year or so (except breed shows and Crufts!)

Jess and Connor got shortlisted in the JHA semis at Richmond which was fab (class of 30+) and watching them at agility together is wonderful Puts some of the adults to shame how well they are progressing together.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 01:11 PM
They make a handsome pair!!! So glad that Leon and Daniel have bonded
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
They make a handsome pair!!! So glad that Leon and Daniel have bonded
Thanks Claire....considering Daniel was scared of dogs up until recently he has come on a long way, I can only assume it is because the Setters are so daft and laid back that it has boosted his confidence
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Best Mates eh! lovely
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Lovely photos, Sheree, even if I did have to lie down to see them.......
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >