Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 05:06 PM

Rottie proof bin?

Any suggestions?

Seriously, I was thinking something metal with a sturdy lid that can't be opened with a big meat head. I don't want to keep having to go in the bloody cupboard near the back door to put things in the bin it's driving me mad.

He was in the compost bin today aswell, just had to clear up about 20 split open teabags and a rottie covered in tea leaves, must be a full moon or something as he's in one of those moods.

Took some paving slabs up in the garden and there is all sand under where they have been and I now have a hole about 1ft by 1ft in the sand, he stopped soon as he got to the soil underneath, seems he only wanted to dig up the sand, lol!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 05:44 PM
wonder if the 'honeymoon period' is over and he's going to start being a bit cheeky...you know he's been wayyy to good up til now.
Ibinpudled
New Member!
Female 

07-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Bit pricey but have you looked at the Simplehuman butterfly pedal bin? Only bin I've found that my SP can't open and raid. The lid splits and opens along the middle. When it's closed it lays flat so they can't get their nose under it.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 07:09 PM
dont put yumables in the bin, run stuff past his nose,, if he turns his nose up at it,, bin it lol

or cover all yumables in broccoli,,,bleaughhhh for rotties,

TBH its not a problem I have had,,

Given hes in Rehab at the moment

I think it may be hes slipped off the wagon,, had a blast back to his past,

Know exactly where your coming from on the digging thing though,,,,,,,,,,,,,
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Ha ha ha, mine lurve broccoli, and cauliflower They will eat a complete one if I let them, I usually puree the stalks and leaves and left over bits for them, but they often grab one when we are on the market and I am packing their rucksacks with it!!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Ha ha ha, mine lurve broccoli, and cauliflower They will eat a complete one if I let them, I usually puree the stalks and leaves and left over bits for them, but they often grab one when we are on the market and I am packing their rucksacks with it!!!

You wouldnt get any of mine going within three feet of the stuff, you would think its radioactive the way they body swerve it,
carrots on the other hand they will munch by the bin load,, cept kaos hes not keen
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
wonder if the 'honeymoon period' is over and he's going to start being a bit cheeky...you know he's been wayyy to good up til now.
I think so Hali, least I know there's a good boy in there somewhere!

Originally Posted by Ibinpudled View Post
Bit pricey but have you looked at the Simplehuman butterfly pedal bin? Only bin I've found that my SP can't open and raid. The lid splits and opens along the middle. When it's closed it lays flat so they can't get their nose under it.
Thank you I will have a look now, see if there a bin that can outsmart a poodle it can outsmart a rottie!

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
dont put yumables in the bin, run stuff past his nose,, if he turns his nose up at it,, bin it lol

or cover all yumables in broccoli,,,bleaughhhh for rotties,

TBH its not a problem I have had,,

Given hes in Rehab at the moment

I think it may be hes slipped off the wagon,, had a blast back to his past,

Know exactly where your coming from on the digging thing though,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
You wouldnt get any of mine going within three feet of the stuff, you would think its radioactive the way they body swerve it,
carrots on the other hand they will munch by the bin load,, cept kaos hes not keen
All mine like veg, Bear will eat absolutely anything. His fave things in the bin are anything paper and any kind of wrapper that smells remotely like it had any food in it once upon a time.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 08:08 PM
yup hes defo fell splat bang off the wagon, lol

paper can be a bit of a temptation for a rottie....
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 08:11 PM
just had a peek at the bin, Im pretty sure rotties would use that as a sort of flyball thing,, cept its got yumables intsead of balls he may have problems keeping his foot on the pedal and getting his head in though,,, but dont be surprised if you come home to a dog running round with a bin on his head,,,,,,,,, been there done that,,, but it was outside with a bin in the middle of the field that got knocked over,,,,, one rottie charging about blind,,, big bin on head,
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2008, 08:17 PM
hee hee - all the images i had with this thread..
lucky i dont have a bin raider - i could leave an open bin full of stuff in the middle of the room and he wouldnt touch it. far too lazy to bother trying.

maybe you need to get him his own wee sandpit Kel !! LOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >