Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 11:11 AM

Just some questions.....?

Just been looking at my insurance policy and some others but i thought i'd ask here, when your dog is older e.g over 9 years do most insurance you have to pay the excess and a % of the treatment? and also with most insurance do you have to pay the vet first before the insurance pay you, do any pay directly to the vet? just wondering because i haven't claimed yet (touch wood) and just wanted to know some more info.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

24-08-2008, 11:27 PM
I think it varys from company to company, a lot of companies won't insure older dogs too!

What does it say in your policy?
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-08-2008, 06:24 AM
I have just researched insurance for my dog today... and from the ones I found here in Australia, if the dog has been insured before it's 9th birthday with no gaps, the policy will continue as is... For special breeds such as Great Dane and other large dogs the cutoff day is 7 years.

So, f.eks. if I were to insure Ben today, he's over 8 weeks old and under 7 years old, the policy would stay for life of him.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-08-2008, 07:32 AM
With MoreThan you have to pay a % as well as the excess when the pet is older. Will have to have a look at M&S

I am lucky that our vet will claim straight from the insurance companies I am insured with and I only have to pay the excess.