Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2008, 07:20 PM

Arrrrgh Moron!!!!

Hubby took Tyler and Megs out last night,with Luke down to the lake where dogs are supposed to be on lead.

He came back about an hour or so later and tells me Meg had bitten a Dobe,apparently it came charging at her growling and snapping,since been attacked by a JR who did the same she's always ready to defend herself.
O/H did say sorry to it's owner and there was luckily no damage done,he explained that dogs should be on lead and pointed out all the signs,he also explained about how Meg doesn't like been charged by other dogs.He was ok and knew that it was his fault entirely for allowing his dog offlead,
I have been doing an awful lot with her and walking where there are lots of dogs in the hope she will see other dogs as no threat....two steps forward,three back,very annoying
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Glad neither where hurt, onwards and upwards as they say - but it does get to you, so hugs from me x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Glad there was no damage done to either dogs. (((hugs)))
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2008, 09:07 PM
never mind .she will stick up for her self under these situations ,im sure mine would
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2008, 10:45 AM
I know how you feel - my foster staff is very defensive as she's been in a couple of very bad situations before she came to me.

Recently she's been doing brilliant, meeting loads of new dogs and not telling any of them off. She doesn't bite, she just makes a noise and grabs with her paws - just to show what she's capable of kind of thing.

This morning though she met a couple of dogs who I know already - both of them are nice dogs. My staffy gave both of them a telling off - only lasted seconds because I stopped her quickly.

She hasn't done it for weeks so I was really disappointed. Luckily the dogs weren't hurt at all although one of them was a bit scared so I gave him loads of treats. The owner was fine about it as I apologised and told him the staffy's history.

Keep your chin up Sal, we'll get there in the end
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Sorry to hear your oh had a bad time, its really stressful and spoils the rest of the walk, its just sommit you'll need to keep plugging away at unfortunately. My shar pei was defensive agressive right up till her last few days, she was attacked on lead by idiots dogs who just refused to believe their dog could bite another, it was always the same old story, oh I've never seen fido do that before ! I ended up walking her 4.oo in the morning and after 11 at night, quick peepees in between...hope you don't end up like that though. Glad shes ok, hope you made hubby a nice cuppa to relax when he came in xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks all,
It's was just so annoying because signs clearly state Dogs must be on leads at all times,the situation could have been avoided.

Luke was a bit shook up because he was quite badly attacked by a large breed,so seeing a Dobe running towards him,hubby and the dogs growling and snapping made him a bit fearful.

I'm just thankful no damage was done it could have been alot worse.

Hubby had a can of lager after he came back lol.

It's all about that word Respect and consideration for others, again there wasn't any shown.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Yeah, there's a couple of people round here with that attitude They think because they have big dogs they can let them run riot and they can take care of themselves. There's only 2 people like that here though - all the other dog owners are fine.
liitl d
New Member!
Female 

16-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Its worse when you have a big dog, I have a soft bull mastiff who was attacked on lead and is now nervous so trys to attack first. We are making headway but it is slow. Glad everyone ok. When little dogs cause the problem sometimes the owners think its cute and funny <only small minority of course> but the minute a big dog does it, it needs putting down. Mind you I can c how a 40k dog rushing towards you with spit flying might be intimidating. Littl d
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by liitl d View Post
When little dogs cause the problem sometimes the owners think its cute and funny <only small minority of course> but the minute a big dog does it, it needs putting down.
I agree with this, but I'd add staffies to the big dog part.