Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2008, 04:03 PM

any idea how to rent my home for six months

Hi any ideas how i rrent my home for six months Iv been offered a job away from home but dont realy want to sell my flat in case i want to come back, i like my flat i would like to keep it. Just thught some of you might have done this,,.su
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Never done it myself, but I think there are loads of agencies who deal with this sort of thing? Maybe an estate agent who does lettings would take it on or at least point you in the right direction?

You're right, you'd be mad to sell in this current climate, it'll probably be worth double in a couple of years time, whereas we're in a dire housing slump at the moment and you'd be lucky to sell it for what you paid for it if it was within a couple of years ago. Good luck. I think a long let is better than short lets too, and you can probably kiss goodbye to any nicer bits of furniture (they usually trash them according to Sarah Beaney!) so perhaps think about putting a lot of it in store if you value it?
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2008, 06:57 PM
cheers thanks for that, got lots to think about now
mrphilip
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Just notieced this post. We've bought our retirement home - though we can't retire for a few years - so we decided to let it - through an agency.

Some comments.

Speak to different agents. The first one we spoke to would not look at the property. In their words, only flats were wanted for rental.

Went to another - and it was rented within a few weeks.

If you go through an agent they will take a fee for the arrangement and looking after - but you do not have to meet your tennents.

Our agents asked for a deposit from the tennents - and also carry out inspections. Our house is rented unfurnished but we do get reports on the condition of the property - along with advice from the agents about any work that needs to be done.

So yes - you can rent - but it may take more than agent to arrange it.
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-07-2008, 09:58 AM
cheers thanks for that su