Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2008, 09:09 PM

I'm confused - which car?

Which car would you all go for that's a good first car, is cheap to run and isn't huge but has a boot big enough for two small dogs?

Corsa, Punto, Ka, Agila, Clio? I don't like the old style Micra though I know the engineering is good, so I'm told. I'm also told that the new Micra has Renault parts....or something.

Any ideas and opinions are welcomed! Thanks.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Well I've had my old 'P' Reg Punto for a good few years and it has been great. Larger boot space than most you have mentioned (definitely bigger than Ka) and it would easily fit two small dogs in (two GSPs at a push!).. and they come in lovely colours - I call mine 'Urine Sunset Yellowy-Green'! Don't know about the new ones though..
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2008, 09:22 PM
I've just got a Punto, its smashing and very roomy,I had three of my English Setters in the back, (with the seats down), its only a 1200 engine but it goes like the clappers.

Its got a brilliant cd player, electric windows etc., mines a 2003 model and a lovely shape

I've only had it for about 6 weeks and its brill
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-07-2008, 09:31 PM
I love my Citroen C3
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2008, 09:40 PM
Ford Ka is great to run but the boot is tiny

if you can stretch to it a Ford Puma (1.4) is the business fantastic car to drive with very good bootspace - can you tell I my Puma
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by zoby View Post
Ford Ka is great to run but the boot is tiny

if you can stretch to it a Ford Puma (1.4) is the business fantastic car to drive with very good bootspace - can you tell I my Puma
I had a Ka before I got the Picasso and I loved it, when Clive was talking me into getting the Punto (I wanted to downsize again), I was adamant that I wanted another Ka but, I have to admit, this Punto is more spacious and is even more nippy than the Ka. My Ka was an 02 and this is an 03 so there shouldn't be much difference in the technology, this just feels better...hope that makes sense
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Have you tried the Ford Fiesta...........or the Honda Jazz.....the Jazz is small and nippy with fold flat rear seats.....the Fiesta s nice a nippy and with 3 or 5 doors enough room for a Stafford or two.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2008, 10:08 AM
My sis has had the new micra for a few years with no probs, It also fits my three in with ease.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2008, 10:08 AM
ooooh now... i had a ford ka and i loved her!

moe was soo nippy and despite the boot being tiny i could fit china in no probs but she could only just see out of the window due to the shape of the boot...

i miss moe

Alex
xx
AKitaChi
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-07-2008, 11:31 AM
I've got a 2005 fiesta model & I love it had it 2 years now. Cheap insure,tax,good on fuel & has enough room to fit my akita & chi in the boot.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >