Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
infamousinuits
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2008, 06:50 PM

i dont know what to do

back last year my partner and i were living in a lovely house with our dogs. no problems. we decided to apply for a mortgage and waited 5 months while choosing the perfect house for us. anyway to cut a long story short just as our sale went through on our house and we were buying our other house they decided to withdraw the mortgage offer. As a panic decision we had to find somewhere to rent that would allow dogs. so up and down the country we went everyday searching and searching untill one landlord said we could live there with our dogs and kennels if we paid him the years rent up front. so we paid the rent etc. anyway the complaints started coming in about the dogs and the council came round with their threats and we had two weeks to get out. this was 3 weeks ago.so anyway after moving everything in and settling down two months later this is when this happend after we had built our kennels. so we were in a depserate situation. i poste do nline looking for some help anywhere. we were out of money as i had to relocate my business and it was just picking up. luckily someone came through with a property with 2 acres where we could put the kennels and said the dogs woyuld be fine here. our landlord wouldnt return any of our 26k or our deposit which he never protected. so we scraped by and earnt enough to move out into this new property. we got the dog kennels moved across and spent everything we had. were pennyless at the moment except for a few little dribs and drabs to keep the dogs going. we havnt eaten for 3 days. and now we have been told after spending only a few days here that our dogs are once again a problem. the farmer 7 acres away wants to shoot the dogs and our new landlord who said it would be fine wants us out. everyone wants us to sell our dogs. i mean theyre 2 acres away in kennels making no noise at all. i dont know what to do. we spent 4 k on moving the kennels that we had to raise in 2 weeks we sold everything we owned to move into the house. i wish people would stop saying it would be ok if it really hadnt. weve lost 26k and now looks like our dogs too. i feel a bit hopeless
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 07:11 PM
have you thought of going to court to sue for your money back.
stafford
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Wow you really have been through some tough stuff.
I think a trip to the citizens advice bureau would be a good place to start.
They are really useful when it comes to landlord stuff i.e rents and deposits.
I really don't understand why a farmer should have any reason to shoot your dogs unless they have been on his land and causing problems.
infamousinuits
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by stafford View Post
Wow you really have been through some tough stuff.
I think a trip to the citizens advice bureau would be a good place to start.
I really don't understand why a farmer should have any reason to shoot your dogs unless they have been on his land and causing problems.
well they dont go off the lead. i never let huskies of because they wont come back. its the noise he says he doesnt like when they get fed and cleaned out
infamousinuits
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
have you thought of going to court to sue for your money back.
we will be doing that when we get some cash to go to court. my immediate thoughts are with how to find a home where we can live
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 07:30 PM
How many Dogs do you have? Is there cause for their complaints, or do you think they are just being nasty? have you had the council do a "noise monitor" to see if there is a problem?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 07:32 PM
I agree with Stafford's advice....you need to go to C.A.B. you don't need money to see them and they will help you sort out your rights, and advise with regards re-homing
infamousinuits
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
How many Dogs do you have? Is there cause for their complaints, or do you think they are just being nasty? have you had the council do a "noise monitor" to see if there is a problem?
we have 10-12 depending whos in house with us and a 5 kennel block. thing is coucil said at the last houser they had 10 compalints so they didnt need to a do a noise test. which im guessing is untrue? thing is they make noise at feeding time yes or if we go down and play with them. thats it
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm afraid I can't think of anything reasonable to suggest. Just wanted to sympathise with you - it's a ghastly situation to be in. *hugs*
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Dreadful situation. I too would be going down to the CAB and seeing what they can suggest. *hugs*
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >