Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 08:06 PM

worried about Ben

As some of you know I asked about Ben's coghing fits and someone mentioned that it could be reverse sneezing. Well its got worse but now he has started hacking like there is something caught in his throat. Ben likes to chew (as some of you know) now I am wondering if there is something in his throat. I dont think this is related to the reverse sneezing thing because this only started today. He is not his usual bouncy self he has been out and playing with the football. but now he is in his bed and he's just done it again. As I say it sounds like something in his throat. I wonder if this is kennel cough? oh dear I am worried. Sometimes it seems as if he's choking
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 08:23 PM
You could be describing Lennon a week or so ago. Nip him to the vets - Len had a course of AB's and was totally fine withing 5 days.
Good luck hon x
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks, he's eating ok and when offered play he wil but if left to his own devices he will just moap around and look at you with those big brown eyes.
Will ring vet in morning. thanks
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Sounds like it could be kennel cough. Best get him to the vet tomorrow, though keep him in the car or outside, if at all possible and ask the vet to check him there, incase there are other dogs in the waiting area and also so the germs don't spread within the vets. The vet shouldn't have a problem with this, I don't think, our vet doesn't. If this isn't possible, tell the vet it's suspected kennel cough and try and get him right through to the consulting room or perhaps another room as directed by your vet. Kennel cough is still doing the rounds, I know another two dogs that have been diagnosed withing the past few days!

Hope he's ok soon. Do let us know.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks I will, yea there seems to be a lot of it about lately. My vet is lovely we always have the last slot anyway because of time restrictions, my OH does not get home till late so when we phone they know to put us last anyway
jilly7
New Member!
Female 

29-06-2008, 10:26 PM
i agree this sounds like kennel cough. is ben bringing up any froth too? all my dogs had this after we got our newest addition from a rescue where she was kennelled. if it helps it sounds more distressing to us , than it actually is to the dogs. good luck at vets
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 07:59 AM
This kennel cough is really doing the rounds at the moment isn't it? I know there are a lot of strains of it but are we all just wasting our time vaccinating against it?

I hope your poor boys better soon. Keep us posted about what the vet says.

Heidi
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 10:28 AM
It sounds like the form of kennel cough the bitch I fostered had. When I first had her she was sneezing & then went on to start coughing a couple of days later. Took rwo weeks of ABs but she's now fine,& rehomed. Didn't help that she came in season as well which meant she took longer to throw it off,
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2008, 10:31 AM
just phoned the vet and got an appoitment for wed evening. will keep you posted
charliegirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Would it hurt to give Benylin to try to relieve some of the symtoms if it turns out not to be kennel cough? Just an idea......?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >