Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:22 AM

Exporting a puppy to Greece

Does anyone anyone know what the requirements are for exporting a puppy to Greece from the UK
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Not 100% sure but you could try DEFRA, if they don't know nobody will.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/

They've also got their number on the site as well. I do know that any dogs that move outside of the EU are still subject to the 6 months quarantine if you want to bring them back though.

Heidi
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks Heidi,

I had a quick look on their website but not really much help so I will have to phone them i think.
The puppy wouldn't be coming back so that wouldn't be an issue really.

Thank you

Jenny
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Hi
you might want to speak to Greek Animal rescue about this.
I`m sure they could give you advice. http://www.greekanimalrescue.com/
Are you sure you want to do this though? The problem of strays is massive in Greece. There are thousands of dogs in shelters there waiting for homes. And Leishmania is endemic.
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:16 AM
I have already told them that I am not prepared to export to Greece but said I would try and find out what the process is. I feel a bit bad but I am just not keen to send a puppy that far away incase for some reason they can no longer keep it which would mean that it would make it a logistical nightmare to get it back to me
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:36 AM
Then I would definitiely contact GAR as they have branches in Germany who regularly bring rescues from Greece into Germany - particularly puppies. Let me know if you have difficulty getting hold of them and I`ll get contact details for you
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Then I would definitiely contact GAR as they have branches in Germany who regularly bring rescues from Greece into Germany - particularly puppies. Let me know if you have difficulty getting hold of them and I`ll get contact details for you
Thanks

I have given them the details for a breeder in the Uk that I know has exported to Greece and other countries before so hopefully they will be able to help them more than me. As I have never exported or ever plan to export I'm not really sure of all the ins and outs of it all. I like my babies to be on home turf
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Glad to hear it. You can`t bring pups back to the UK becace it takes 7 months for the Rabies vaccs to be `signed off`. That`s why the pups go to other EU countries.
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Glad to hear it. You can`t bring pups back to the UK becace it takes 7 months for the Rabies vaccs to be `signed off`. That`s why the pups go to other EU countries.

Tell me about it We have been posted back to the UK in August of this year (suppose to be Oct 09) and Belle isn't able to travel until November so I have had to pull a few strings to be able to stay here until she can travel. Hubby is going in August and leaving me here It was a bit stressful for a time there
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Don't forget I'm here in Germany as well Jenny so anything I can do to help let me know. I'm always glad to help where I can. I know how stressful a posting can be.

Heidi
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >