Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:48 PM

I have An Interview!!

I feel a tad guilty now,when I got home from work I was calling the recruitment agency bad names to my mum, it was 3 weeks ago that I had my interview with them and hadn't heard anything. I said they were just as bad as this lot in Boston and, having managed a recruitment agency for several years, I do know what I'm talking about.

Because I hadn't heard back it had more or less been decided that I would work for Clive when I move, he couldn't afford to pay much, if anything, but that didn't matter, I would learn the ropes, he was providing a roof over my head and, ultimately, my working for him would free him up to find more work and therefore be able to eventually pay me a wage.

Well now I have to take it all back as the agency rang tonight and said that they were sorry for the delay and could I attend an interview in Northampton on Thursday? I'm already off on Friday so now have to wangle Thursday off too, I shall say I'm planning a long weekend with Clive

Anyway, here's the job spec, its a new company thats relocated to the area from Hertfordshire and although its a junior role, there is chance to progress within the company if you show them what you're made of:

Excellent opportunity for an experienced administrator with a good eye for detail looking for a role with variety and challenge to join a fast growing company if you feel you have the skills and experience to cover:

- Collating and updating timesheet’s for staff and agency.

- Maintaining and updating ISO processes and related documents complying to ISO9001 standards

- Collating and reporting of housekeeping audits, including updating notice boards, and follow up actions.
- First point of contact for site, dealing with any queries.

- Booking and Setting up of meeting rooms and refreshments as required

- General administrative duties including filing, photocopying, producing memo’s and reports.

- Setting up information on systems, general maintenance and queries

I phoned Clive to say that I would be staying from Thursday if that was ok. "Yes, I don't care when you stay" he said...he meant to say "of course darling, it will be wonderful to spend so much time with you", and he did say that once I'd prompted him !! Bless him, he knows what he means, it just doesn't come out like that

I'm not banking on getting the job, it is a role that I could perform with no problems, but I'm thinking that I'm fortunate to have been offered an interview, I shall take it one step at a time...oh, and its just one more thing for me to have whizzing around in my head lol
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Great news and the very best of luck. hopefully this is the start of something new for you

Jeanette
x x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Good news Sheree. Looks like a job you could do with one hand tied behind your back

Go get 'em girl!

x0x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
Great news and the very best of luck. hopefully this is the start of something new for you

Jeanette
x x
Thanks so much Jeanette...fingers crossed and all that xx
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:55 PM
good luck i hope you get it (im sure you will )
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Good news Sheree. Looks like a job you could do with one hand tied behind your back

Go get 'em girl!

x0x
Aww thanks Vicki...I think Clive is a bit torn, he wants me to get a job on my own merits, but I think he quite fancied the idea of me selling stuff at his place for him...never mind, what will be will be xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
good luck i hope you get it (im sure you will )
Thanks so much xx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Ooh hun well done Fingers crossed for your interview, it will be another step forward if you get it
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Ooh hun well done Fingers crossed for your interview, it will be another step forward if you get it
Thanks Claire, yes I am really starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere now x
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

16-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Fingers crossed and the magic wand is out again and my arms are getting tired waving it, so hope it works and you get the job.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »