Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2008, 03:54 PM

What to do around Newcastle area?

Am off to Newcastle for 2 nights next weekend, me OH and Ben...does anyone reccommend anywhere to go? or eat? or things to see that are doggie friendly? We will have the car so travelling about not a problem.

Thanks
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Try the following link for a few ideas:

http://www.newcastlegateshead.com/36...d_Gardens.html

http://www.newcastlegateshead.com/16/Days_Out.html

Seems to be a good web-site. I'm sure a few Dogsey members who live closer than we do will be able to help too.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2008, 04:47 PM
If your coming down the A1 go to Bamburgh, the beaches are fab, huge and endless which allow dogs. Seahouses further down is great for fish & chips and there is a big shop full of cheap useful stuff close to the harbour.
Where are you staying in Newcastle?
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
If your coming down the A1 go to Bamburgh, the beaches are fab, huge and endless which allow dogs. Seahouses further down is great for fish & chips and there is a big shop full of cheap useful stuff close to the harbour.
Where are you staying in Newcastle?
Thanks Laura, we're staying in the centre TravelLodge, have been to Seahouses and you're right about the fish and chips, but don't think I've been to Bamburgh unless...is that where there's a big castle run by NT or similar?

Just looking for ideas of doggy friendly places.

Wuffle, thanks for those links, will go and have a look.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Thats the one.
I cant think of anywhere in Newcastle apart from the Quayside there are plenty of bars to sit out in. I love the Pitcher & Piano next to the blinking eye on an evening. Well worth it if its a nice evening watching the colours change on the light display.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Thats the one.
I cant think of anywhere in Newcastle apart from the Quayside there are plenty of bars to sit out in. I love the Pitcher & Piano next to the blinking eye on an evening. Well worth it if its a nice evening watching the colours change on the light display.
Completely agree. The Pitcher and Piano is nice as is the Copthorne Hotel, they have seating outside also. The whole Quayside is lovely although busy on a night.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Thats the one.
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Completely agree. The Pitcher and Piano is nice as is the Copthorne Hotel, they have seating outside also. The whole Quayside is lovely although busy on a night.
Hoping that we get some decent weather so we can sit outside some of the pubs as we wouldn't want to leave Ben out!! Thought about going to the reservoir thats North West of Newcastle and will definitely go to High Force Waterfall(Thanks for the top 10 link Wuffle) The quayside is pretty much where we are staying so hopefully even if no where we can eat with Ben we can just grab a fish and chuips or similar and sit at the quayside??
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Dont forget you have always got the Town Moor just up Claremont Rd to give the boy a good run. Stay off tynemouth, Cullercoats andWhitley bay beaches as they have a no dog rule in the summer. Theres no problem taking dogs to beamish museum, you could always have a drive up to Holy Island checking the tides first. But my favourite beach when i go home is bamburgh,plenty sand dunes and plenty of open beach.
hope you have a lovely time,and say Hello to Newcastle for me as you drive over the Tyne.

A very homesick Geordie,

Jeanette
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Hoping that we get some decent weather so we can sit outside some of the pubs as we wouldn't want to leave Ben out!! Thought about going to the reservoir thats North West of Newcastle and will definitely go to High Force Waterfall(Thanks for the top 10 link Wuffle) The quayside is pretty much where we are staying so hopefully even if no where we can eat with Ben we can just grab a fish and chuips or similar and sit at the quayside??
You're welcome. You'll be fine doing that with Ben and sitting at the Quayside. That web-site also has dog friendly pubs and hotels so if the weather isn't perfect that's always an option. I'm sure you'll all have a lovely time.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2008, 07:07 PM
If your about in Northumberland we could meet for lunch?