Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 06:23 PM

Witnessed A Dog/Dog Attack

We were at a fun dog show today and there was an elderly labrador with an elderly owner and beside them was a young woman with a tall staffy cross. Both dogs were on leads and stood fine next to one another then all of a sudden a commotion broke out and as I looked across the ring, the staffy had gotten the labrador by the neck and had locked on and proceeded to try and shake the poor lab. The lab of course had this look of sheer terror on it's face and was squealing and about half the spectators rushed over to break it up. Nobody could get this damn staffy to let go and a bloke had to literally wrestle the dog off.

Luckily, the judges of the show were vet nurses and attended to the lab (I dont know how badly injured it was) but, this is the bit which really annoys me, the owner of the staffy x was stroking it and kissing it on the head whilst it's still lunging at the lab (and any other passing dog) on the end of the lead!! The lab and owner simply left looking very shaken and no attempt was made by the staffy owner to see if the other dog was ok or to apologise.

I watched in utter amazement and disgust at the affection this dog was receiving after trying to maul this lab. It's the first time i've seen such an attack and it wasnt pleasant to watch. How people can consider this type of thing a sport and watch as a pastime is beyond me. I sincerely hope the staffy x will be muzzled in future but I very much doubt it since she didnt seem to think it's actions were wrong.

On the upside, Flynn did win Best in Show and i've now got a lovely trophy and rosette!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

08-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Congratulations and welldone to you and Flynn.

Such a shame that your great result and lovely day was spoilt by this unprovoked attack and the old Lab. Hope he recovers and has no after affects.

Some people should not be allowed to own dogs.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 07:08 PM
First of all - well done Flynn and well done you x
I can imagine the horrific scene, lets just hope the lab is ok - nasty experience x
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-06-2008, 09:58 AM
im a prowd staffy owner and would recommend them to anyone - espeically those with kids - but this is yet another example of the breed being brought into disrepute by pr1cks who want to look macho
with stories like this and record staffs in the resuces - why cant legislation be brought in, not banning the breed, but banning some of the c0cks who want to own them - inculding crosses.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2008, 11:09 AM
That's really shocking - to be rewarding the dog for attacking another dog!