Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2008, 11:52 PM

Your thoughts and prayers required.

A few of you will know of a personal situation of mine, my grandfather has been severley ill with cancer which..at this point has rapidly spread throughout his body, for a while now. He's been going through treatment for 5 years, but become increasinly worse in the last 18 months..terminal, you know. Well, we have an odd relationship...lots of family fueds and my relationship with he and his wife (my grandmother) is questionable and although the love is there, they have someone in their life whom I choose not to have in mine..so we don't get to see each other often, quite petty upon reflecting..too much time wasted. Anyway, he's been being nursed around the clock at home for the past few weeks and i've been there as much as possible, however he was hospitalized this morning and is in a very bad way, not aware at all of whats going on except for seldom flickerings of his personality returning. The doctors have confirmed he is not long of this world, and is not going home. It's a horrible enviorment and he really i tragically bad.
I would like your thoughts and prayers if possible, not for getting betterr not for any returns or anything as it isn't to be, but for a peaceful passing. The man needs to go on with the other leg of the journey now, he's suffering far too much at this moment in time.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Oh Luke this is a tough one for you.

Imho.........

If your 'olds' have respect for folk - let them at it.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2008, 05:58 AM
Oh Luke *hug* - so sorry to hear your very sad news. I do hope your grandfather finds peace soon honey xxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2008, 06:02 AM
So sorry to hear this Luke. We've gone through something similar recently. Hope he finds peace soon. xx
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2008, 06:08 AM
so sorry to hear this Luke
am thinking of you at this sad time and i hope your grandad finds peace soon

i cannot write too much as things are still very raw for me

but take care and am thinking of you
xx
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2008, 06:28 AM
having gone through this too recently my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

sue
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2008, 05:41 PM
I couldn't bring myself to reply to this as have had a bit of a tough time getting my head round it, my grandfather passed away at 10:10am on Thursday the 5th of June, he had slipped into a coma earlier that morning, and was surrounded by my grandmother [his wife], my great grandmother [his ma] and one of his sisters. Everyone else had literally just left to get some sleep as we'd all been there throughout the wednsday afternoon/night/early thursday morning. He was at peace and with dignity, and had the biggest smile slapped across his face which was still there when I went to see him later that day, he went at home which was nice. It was a long week n a bit journey he took, but I'm glad I was there everyday to be with him..after a good few years of barely speaking, we made our peace.
We cremate him on Tuesday, and have something special in mind for when his ashes return.
At peace once more is how I see it.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Oh Luke, so sorry hun
Thinking of you and yours at this sad time
R.I.P Luke's Grandad, be forever at peace
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Thankyou, however as callas as it may sound it really isn't a time for sadness, his death was long expected and we had known he was not long for this world for quite a while. He was quite happy to go on to the next bit of the journey as had had more than enough suffering here.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2008, 05:52 PM
*hugs* to you luke

thinking of you at this sad time
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >