Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 07:47 PM

What type of Lead do you use, and why?

i use a normal lead & collar, the lead is 39 inchs long & i was going to buy his a jazzy lead & collar from the Rogz range But the smallest lead they do is 47inchs long!

i have to wrap this one up half way anyway to stop him walking in front of me! i was thinking about getting something different, maybe a new lead & collar or head collar, but i dont think i really need one!

i see someone out today with a lead that you can make bigger and smaller and the dog was at least 10/15ft in front of her!! and i dont know why people use them?!

i was wondering what other people use and whY? like a normal lead & collar or head collar or one of those ones that you can make bigger and smaller etc?

Thanks!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I have short lead that is more like a handle for popping on and off quickly at agility. I have a normal lead for everyday walking. I also have bungee lead that I use for street walking and an adjustable length lead for training as it can be lengthened for further stays etc.I use these with a fleece lined harness.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Flat leather collar, 40 inch leather lead for all the dogs.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 08:09 PM
I use a double-ended Halti training lead - it`s very soft and you can adjust it to the length you need (long or short - or clip 2 together to make a line). Its also useful because I can tie one dog up securely while training the other.
I use a half-check and a Halti on Daisy and a flat collar on the others.
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 08:11 PM
I use single nylon leads with a brace for Maggie and Suki the same for Diggory and Gracie, Molly has her own lead. They are just normal flat nylon types with collars the same purely because I can pop them in the washing machine after a run on the beach. I used to have leather collars and leads but they don't do well with the sea water.
I do have a 15ft lead for when the girls are in season as they don't come off the lead no matter what. Diggory often goes on this if he's being a norty boy.
Edited to add that they also all (expect Gracie) wear gentle leaders.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 08:42 PM
I use a yuppiepuppie non pull harness and an ordinary flat nylon lead. I'm not that bothered where Tonks walks as long as she isn't pulling. When she is right by my side i click and treat so she tends to walk there more often than not.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 09:08 PM
I use a fabric training lead, not sure of the measurements but at its full length it must be at least 6 foot but it can be folded in half and clipped to a hook near the collar end so it is then about 40". I also use a half slip fabric collar as my breed are apt to back out of fixed collars probably because they have thick necks and relatively small heads, they are also renowned for being inventive anyway, you think of it and they did it a minute ago.
pinklizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2008, 09:09 PM
I use a harness for my chin, she has a heart condition and an overlong soft palate. I have a fairly long lead from Rogz, I prefer it as if her lead is too short she tends to get under my feet! She has an extending lead but I only use this in the park, being deaf and almost blind, her recall is almost non-existant!), I walk her to and from the park on a standard lead.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Flat leather collar and Halti training lead or leather training lead if its raining. The Halti takes ages to dry out.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I use flat collars, both fabric and leather ones (we are gaining a little collection!! ) and as for leads well..... I have a multi lead that can be extended, shortened or put two dogs on, I have a 4ft one for Deacon, I also have a range of long lines for recall training....
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >