Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 05:04 PM

Need a new Monitor

The on/off button on my monitor has gone (LG flatscreen 5yrs old). In effect it's died so I can't use the pc. On laptop now so can't type much (Lol it can't handle my fast typing, it goes all weird!) Anyways, is it just a matter of going into Curry's or suchlike, buying one and plugging it in and away I go, or doesn't it work like that?? I'm expecting poblems, nothing's simple is it ~Any recommendations also please??? Thanks. This is like having your hands cut off trying to type on this stupid thing, so you'll be having a break from me now till I get it fixed!!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 05:07 PM
you should be able to plug your other keyboard into the laptop H, may make things a little easier.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-05-2008, 05:09 PM
It should be a case of just picking one up, plugging in and being sorted. You may need to install a driver or change the resolution but nothing major.

Also try and avoid big places such as currys, pc world comet and such. Places like amazon or aria online are much better and cheaper.

Try and get one with a response time of 5-8ms
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Know the feeling hun mines has been well sprayed as many times,courtesy of you lot,xxxxxxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 06:03 PM
I have a NFREN LCD monitor have had it for 7 years ish, we kinda got it when they first came out,, so however long ago that was could be longer than 7 years, its still working really well x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Mines an Acer, I have had it about 3yrs. I did have to change the resolution, well son did
I found that Currys were very good and went through it step by step with me.
Your lap top would suit me, my typing is so slow, although it is improving, courtesy of you lot
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Thanks guys .... and I'm back!!!! Sorted! I managed to nick Dave's bedroom Samsung 22" telly which he never uses, so I now have a lovely widescreen Samsung monitor courtesy of Dave and saved myself probably £150! So that's his car I've nicked and now his telly, poor Dave!!!

When he wants it back, when he eventually gets his Sky plus sorted in his bedroom, I will look on Amazon then instead of going into Curry's That could be a long time though!

HI Tracy, my keyboard is wireless?? Maybe I could sort it though. I already spent all afternoon trying to connect the wireless mouse to it, but gave up in the end, I'm not techie enough for all that and the help section left much to be desired!

I think I made a big mistake buying a 17" laptop, coz it's too big to cart around anyway, and like I said, when I type on it, it has a mind of it's own, and it sort of goes back to half way through my typing and starts typing in there? I don't know what I'm touching that I'm not supposed to touch when that happens, but I'm sure it's the laptop and not me. Perhaps it's the way I rest my hands waiting to type the next thing that comes into my head, and it touches the mousepad and it doesn't like it? My normal keyboard copes with me ok though and now I'm back on there! We've got our phones out too, so I had no phone, no pc all afternoon, and yet I could get on the internet which seems strange?! Apparently there is a fault at the exchange so it could take a while!

Thanks for your help though guys, much appreciated Cya!xxxx