View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 12:43 AM

What things have your dogs worked out by themselves that have suprised you??

Archie has worked out a few things.

a few being, when he has his kong and cant get a toy out he now knows if he puts it on my foot i will either pick it up and throw it or kick it away, to move it off my foot cos its annoying!.......hence making the treat fall out or become loser for him to get!!

second one being he needed to break his bone up so he pushed half under the sofa...........and tried to pull the other half up to break it in half, using the sofa as a leaver type thing was so funny watching him work that one out, how did he know that?!!!

another invloving the kong! is he ill bash it against the sofa......so the treats fall out!

he also knows if he stands up agains the window seal & reachs high enough he can see the kids playing outside...is so funny watching him!

lol so quick when they pick stuff up! and funny to watch!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Mine know EXACTLY when it's meal time and walkies time! Regardless of what I am doing! They also know when it's show day even before I bring the special bag out and start loading the car.
sallyinlancs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Spike learned to stand up on his hind legs, carefully push down the door handle with his paw and open the door to get into the kitchen. It's really funny to watch - sometimes he looks so human! I'm glad he can only open outward-opening doors though (so far...).
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Ivan can open the baby gate that separates the kitchen and hall way. I was amazed. He just came walking into the sitting room one day as if to say "Hi" didn't come bounding in just sort of appeared. Clever boy. He is usually only allowed in the sitting room in the evening after the children are gone to bed as he is inclined to steal their toys.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 11:38 AM
I couldn't believe it this morning, I had just came out the shower, as I was drying my face (couldn't see at this point ) I knew Toro was in the bathroom with me, she was standing on my foot, then I felt her paw kinda stretch out so that the top of her paw was leaning on my foot, when I took the towel away the wee bisom was1 paw off being on the ledge of the toilet pan where the seat folds up lol, I have noticed recently she is becoming a bit of a climber, wonder if the fruit and banana she gets at lunch time is bringing out the monkey in her lol
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 11:43 AM
china learnt pretty quickly how to climb up onto the bed ...walk up to the top and paw at the blanket gently to get under the duvet....she even now , waits until she thinks we are asleep...if we both lay there and go quiet and he snores to pretend to be asleep, she climbs up gently onto his side as she knows he wont wake up!!!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by sallyinlancs View Post
Spike learned to stand up on his hind legs, carefully push down the door handle with his paw and open the door to get into the kitchen. It's really funny to watch - sometimes he looks so human! I'm glad he can only open outward-opening doors though (so far...).
I wish Takara did it carefully... she does the same thing but scratches the door as she falls off the handle... Since we put a lock on it so she couldn't do it, she has started just standing against it and scratch scratch scratch because she knows that we run to stop her or open the door to stop her causing too much damage! (Why I don't know as the door is only just still there!)

She's worked out loads of things and it's quite scary... she really has us trained... I can't think of any just now (and I'm supposed to be hard at work) so will post later.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 12:39 PM
I buy my crews food in bulk and use a feed bin. I used to use a large pedal bin thinking none of them would be able to get into it.
Wrong !
My Willow figured out very easily that putting a paw on the pedal released the lid and he needed to keep the paw on it so he could help himself. With him being deaf he could`nt hear me rolling with laughter when I caught him at it - at the time he was getting a bit porky and I could`nt understand why til I caught him in the act

I don`t use that sort of bin for their food any more - he was most miffed at not being able to find a pedal on the replacement one
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Lady can open the doors ,And drawers by herself , Beau can also open the doors as Can Skye , Beau can pull her own blanket over her at bed time she pulls it with her teeth , Lady can open the shower door also to escape from haven a bath xxdk
MistyBlue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2008, 02:42 PM
awwwwwwwww!! lol how do they know these things?! lol!!

oh archie also knows when my partner is coming home!! he runs to the window then stares at the door, his normally right within about 5 mins hell come home!!!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »