View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2008, 03:48 PM

Its official I now have steam coming from my ears I am so cross.

The Hospital rang a while back, same Woman I dealt with yesterday, what were my views on Mum being discharged ?
I told her as you were no help I have been onto the Home helps and they will be going in lunch times so that will have to be ok. Can you come and get her then. My answer was no I have this awful head and am taking motillium at the moment I am not safe to drive or walk round the corner let alone drive for over an hour each way.Tomorrow is out of the question as I am not sure if I will be 100% and I have a delivery I cannot re-organise and I need to get in touch with the Home helps to make sure they can go in Friday. She then asks if Mum had a door key she does I didn't reply to that and said I do not think it would be wise for you to do that I mentioned I could actually have a Hospital discharge assessment done if I wanted as I had spoken to Age concern and been given a lot of advice.
Then she has the audacity to say I told you yesterday you could of had a Social Services package which she didn't it was me who mentioned getting them in to assess Mum and was told they do the assessment at the Hospital pass it on to Social Services if needed they felt it wasn't. I told her I am not arguing with you and I may well be writing a letter of complaint.
To top it all she rang Gill where did she get her number from ? Old notes as she said she hadn't my number my number is on the admittance form as next of kin and she also wrote it down yesterday on her notes which are obviously in the bin then.
I was then threatened they will have to move her and possibly to A&E emotional blackmail its not working and if they do they had better watch out. If the Home helps can go Friday I will get Mum Friday.
Sorry for the rant I am so cross.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Sorry to hear that things are not any better Hun. It must be so hard for you at the moment. Big ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2008, 04:16 PM
What dreadful woman. How awful for you to have this conversation when you have already gone through so much. Has she someone above her you can complain to. You have already made the situation quite clear. Is this woman going to have your mum just dumped on her doorstep with no one to help her???
Must make a note for the future, do not send Mum into hospital with a door key!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
What dreadful woman. How awful for you to have this conversation when you have already gone through so much. Has she someone above her you can complain to. You have already made the situation quite clear. Is this woman going to have your mum just dumped on her doorstep with no one to help her???
Must make a note for the future, do not send Mum into hospital with a door key!!!
made me laugh. She hadn't better have her home by ambulance I will not be responsible for my actions if she does.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2008, 04:48 PM
well thats what is sounds like to me!!! Why is she asking if she has a door key unless it is to send her home???
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 04:51 PM
What a horrible woman! It's supposed to be a 'caring' profession! You want to report her! Hope it all goes ok for you and you get everything sorted, they way YOU want it. Big hugs hun xx
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 05:01 PM
hun if they ask your mum if she has a key and she yes they will send her home, i would phone the ward and ask for an update and see what they say, if they say she is going home then lose your temp big time as she has gone over your head. i really do feel for you hun, i am here if you want to talk. xxx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2008, 05:04 PM
OMG

that has all the makings of a disaster. If they do something like that, leaving an infirm old lady on her own at night with no one to care for her, probably sat on the doorstep from the sound of things, what will happen???
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by sjpurt View Post
hun if they ask your mum if she has a key and she yes they will send her home, i would phone the ward and ask for an update and see what they say, if they say she is going home then lose your temp big time as she has gone over your head. i really do feel for you hun, i am here if you want to talk. xxx
Thankyou so much. Eldest Brother has told her she will be going nowhere till at least Friday. So she knows to keep quiet and sit tight till then.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Honestly, bloody NHS - shower of inefficient twonks!

It's enough to make you want to slap somone - HARD!

Hugs Lynn - hope you get it sorted to YOUR satisfaction

x0x
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »