Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 09:43 PM

Dalmatian going cheap, in fact free to any home :-(

Icon has really let me down, I walked in from work today and the b*****d had ripped up all my carpet, ripped up a load of boxes and destroyed my ironing board. I'm gutted, I'm going to have to build a kennel out the back for him. I'm in such a state and to top it all off, he's now staring at me barking.....I don't know whats happened to him, I don't know why he's doing this to me

I love him, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm best for him, I've got to work full time 4 days a week for at least another 6 months

Can't things go right for me?!?!?!?!?!?!
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

13-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Oh hunny,

Of course you are right for him, it's just a bit strange for him at the moment. I am sure all will be ok in the end. Go give him a big cuddle
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 09:49 PM
awww (hugs)
millie went througha stage of ripping up the flooring, carpet, wallpaper,,, rug - anything!!!!! an shreading important stuff

shes now stopped,,,, just that stage
(((hugs))) to you
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Its a rented house he's now barking at me, i don't know how to cope
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 09:57 PM
How old is he now, coz he must be going through that teen teething thing I know my two did, Inca especially.
She ate the kitchen lino all by herself and we lived with it all in pieces for a long time until we got the ceramic floor!
...and they ate the botoom two steps of stair carpet, and various walls, and chewed table legs, chair legs etc.
Icon is normal!
You'll get through this stage, honest, he just loves his mummy and is probably wondering what he's done wrong.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Awe hun take a deep breath, turn your back and ignore him. Its strange for him as well after been in the kennels. If I was you I'd take a look on Ebay and buy a dally sized crate. Dice is a little b when hes left uncrated he's living at mums at the moment and she went out and couldnt get back in the sod had moved all the furmiture to the middle of the floor and blocked the door.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Aw hun Jamie went through that, barking at me for no reason, usually when he thought I was deliberately ignoring him He was a chewer too, so I started using a crate... He can probably pick up on you too, you will only regret it if you let him go hun.... Its not forever after all!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 10:08 PM
good idea about the crate

bark collar????

we have wthe one with the citronella spray - works fab - now you just have to show millie it n she runs for cover
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2008, 10:15 PM
I use crates, Deccy is old enough and sensible to be trusted loose when I am out but Diva sleeps in her crate and goes into it happily when I have to leave her. I have never had anything chewed up because they have not had the opportunity, but plenty of hard toys in the crate with them as well as clean water and a bonio at bedtime. It is better than having a kennel outside since the crated dog can still see and hear what is going on, as you know Dallies want to be part of the action all the time, you may find new problems if you put him out like constant whining or barking.
When I was working full time they went to daycare kennels and ran around all day with plenty of human and doggy contact, came home so tired they wouldn't have the energy to chew anything!
katia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
good idea about the crate

bark collar????

we have wthe one with the citronella spray - works fab - now you just have to show millie it n she runs for cover
These can distress dogs out of all proportion, take care. I suggest spending as much time as you can spare getting him used to a crate with a good reward - stuffed Kong etc. Make it feel good & special, not a prison or a punishment. The stress you feel is being communicated down, I know, I do it too!
Katia
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >