Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 07:47 PM

fao helena54..!!

about ....
reading your thread on the birds in your garden....

stood in my stable today,,, mucking out,,, dozey as ever at 9am lol... hears this tweeting and singing

so i looks up,,,,

theres a nestful of baby swallows......

not only that... theres one in my stable,, one next door

2 in the tack room and more round the yard!!!!!

i couldnt believe it!!! i will try get some piccies for you tomorow,, as (im not a hugge fan of birds) but these were so cute,,,im tempted to feed them,, but they might not go
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Aw they sound so cute. Piccies soon.

We used to get swifts nesting in our eves next to my stepdaughters bedroom window.

Don't get me wrong, the mess is such a pain, but the reward of seeing these wee faces keeking out at you if you happen to open the window. They are so funny and nosy.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 08:05 PM
i saw them this morning - i normally 'see things' when im not awake

they fly so past past my face its unreal!!! few times ive ducked (not realiseing they havenested in tuscans stable)

CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 05:47 PM
How exiting, I saw a swallow yesterday, and heard the Cuckoo for the first time as well have you managed to get any pics yet?
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 06:04 PM
We get a lot of swallow making nests here , Under the peaks of the rafters ,They fly about so quickly , But it is beautiful to wtch them swoop down for food th fly back to there tweeting babies xxxdk
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Fantastic Suze! I used to have them nesting in my horse's stable year after year. They haven't arrived in my neck of the woods yet, but watch your head, you won't believe the speed they will zoom in and out of your stable, you'll have to duck!

NOw you need to get some live mealworms for their babies won't you, if you put them in the same place each time they'll get to know, but then again, I'm still stuck with my 3 babies here and I'm getting worried they don't actually know how to get food themselves the way they seem to rely on me for it!

Can't wait to see some pics if you get any! You can send them off to Springwatch and they might get on the telly!