Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:26 PM

I've Got a House!

I was informed today that i have a new house

Being only young, on a crap salary AND a first time buyer i've had some trouble finding somewhere to buy (that is a HUGE understatement btw ), but my brother told me to apply for the shared ownership apartments as they are designed for people who cant afford their own place, and us first time buyers are perfect for them So off i went sending in my application form for a lovely 2 bed flat... only to be told you cant have dogs in them, just cats But the woman said, for only about £15k more i can get a whole house

So, application went in, with all my paperwork and copy of my mortgage offer, on a cute little 2 bed house, the end one on a block of 4 new build houses. 3 other people had applied before me and when offering the houses they have to consider who needs it the most (single mum and kid get priority over first time buyer for example) and who can afford it...

Well, by some miracle, i got it!!! The woman wasn't able to tell me why the other two couldn't have it, but i believe it was due to them not being able to raise a mortgage as thats all she was waiting for when i spoke to her last week... Anyway, who cares?! its mine, all i have to do is accept their offer and send a cheque to reserve it Then i move in in June when they're done building it!! im so excited!

Anyway, enough waffling, here it is. The one on the end without a door Im hoping it will have one when i move in Not the most perfect thing in the world but at 23 who can be fussy?

I have stairs!!! I've lived in a bungalow the last 12 years. Bet i fall down them and break my ankle/leg within the first week lol

mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:30 PM
wow that's brill! lucky you getting the end one.. it looks lovely! owning a house still seems like a distant dream for me but you never know!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

14-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Congrats! Looks like a lovely little place!
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:33 PM
It did to me only a few months ago

Actually, the end one was the "leftover" one, the other two were taken already... I can only assume that its because it will have an 'L' shaped garden than a long, rectangular one. Makes no difference for me, better infact as i can fence of the side bit for the dogs so my whole garden doesnt get pooped on and dug up
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
It did to me only a few months ago

Actually, the end one was the "leftover" one, the other two were taken already... I can only assume that its because it will have an 'L' shaped garden than a long, rectangular one. Makes no difference for me, better infact as i can fence of the side bit for the dogs so my whole garden doesnt get pooped on and dug up
it sounds great! dogs are brilliant landscapers though.. resonable rates too..
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 08:45 PM
It is perfect cause it's all yours! Big congratulations.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Wow how exciting.
Lots more pic's when you move in please
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2008, 09:33 PM
OOOooo congrats it's lovely!
Not only is it a house but its a new house!
Will you get to have a choice of fittings, ir bathroom, kitchen etc?
We chose our house when it was just foundations and the fun bit was picking the way stuff should be done.
I'm really chuffed for you, it's lovely.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Great news for you. No wonder you are so happy.
Congratulations.
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2008, 09:35 PM
oh the excitement of your first home - go on admit it - you are as we speak under a ton of paint charts and house magazines

enjoy every minute and try and get a pic for every step of the build - my dad went unkown to us and took regular photos of our house being built and gave us a photo album of the pics - its amazing how quickly a building site becomes your home

now back to your colour charts .....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >