Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2008, 09:50 AM

whoaa he ame back.............

well have been fed up with 8 yr old springer taking off and not coming back and spoling the walks for me and the other 3 dogs. so hes been on a long line for a week. today only took the 3 of them out as pup went out with daughter. i took the longline let the other 2 off and then had some serious words with him saying hes coming off the lead and if he dares run away and not come back when i call him hed be in such TROUBLE! so let him off kept call ing and he came straight back (hes not interested in food so kept praising him) . he did run off a bit out of sight but came back on the 3 shout which wasnt too bad . so hopefully hes now learning only taken 8 yrs lol!!!
Teddysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Fantastic, let's hope he contiunues to remember!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
well have been fed up with 8 yr old springer taking off and not coming back and spoling the walks for me and the other 3 dogs. so hes been on a long line for a week. today only took the 3 of them out as pup went out with daughter. i took the longline let the other 2 off and then had some serious words with him saying hes coming off the lead and if he dares run away and not come back when i call him hed be in such TROUBLE! so let him off kept call ing and he came straight back (hes not interested in food so kept praising him) . he did run off a bit out of sight but came back on the 3 shout which wasnt too bad . so hopefully hes now learning only taken 8 yrs lol!!!
well done.....hope he keeps it up
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 08:23 PM
i know how much this means to you ,as our dylan was a nightmare ,i was palling my hair out with him ,we did the same long line ,mind you we got another dog and i think half the problem was he was looking for friend (he now has one willow ) welldone dylan is briil now thankfully
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Isn't that just a real feel good factor when it all starts to come together May it continue for you both x