View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 07:40 PM

How much would you/have you pay/paid for a puppy class?

Around here there is a class that charges £50 for 6 weeks (a very good class too) but that is for basic obedience, further obedience etc.

How much would you pay or have you paid for a puppy class/course?

If you've not been to a puppy class, any other class?

I ask because I'm starting puppy classes soon in a course of 6 weeks and need to think about an appropriate course price.

Thanks
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 07:43 PM
The local one here charges £2 per session. No upfront fee, you just turn up or not.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks Hali,

I'm not really into that idea as I'll be on my own and want to make sure I have a maximum amount of people at any one time (not to mention it's much more difficult to tailor training to fit your clients if they're on and off)

We've been to roll on roll off classes and they weren't very helpful at all as all the dogs are at different levels but I do intend to run some form of roll on roll off so that the training is open to people who can't make it every week but I'm also running courses.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 07:47 PM
I also much prefer a week by week fee as due to work etc. I cant make every session, if not I dont mind paying upfront for 6 weeks if when you miss a week it carries over x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 07:51 PM
I know what you mean, its one reason I got fed up of taking Hoki, we just used to do the same things every week (fair enough not all the dogs had got everything we were practising, but I ended up finding it sooo boring).

But, don't forget some people will struggle to find all the money up front. Perhaps you could do it both ways so that it works out cheaper for people to pay up front, but they do have the option of paying weekly if they really can't find all the money in one go?
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeah, having been in a similar situation when I was ill, I didn't want to pay for 6 weeks and only make 3 of them as I was ill on and off so I am looking for a way to make it work for the clients and for the business.

Thanks for the ideas.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I think mine was £60 for 6 weeks for training classes and ringcraft was £1 years membership and then £1.10 a week, the 10p was for raffle tickets.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Fab - ta, Random

Thanks to everyone else too - all the info is very helpful!
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi,

When we were looking for puppy classes in our area the block of 8 week classes were £40 - paid up front but if you missed any you lost the money. We decided to go to a pay by week one - puppy classes were £3 and now we pay £4 per week for the advanced obedience classes.
Dee x
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks DeeDee,

I really need to look at the costs of the unit and see how cheap I can make the classes whilst not losing out because I want to make them as accessible as possible!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >