Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2008, 02:02 PM

I declare mouse war!

It's that time of year again, when Snorri Mansions ends up playing host to the local mice

Mrs S has just discovered that not only did they eat her breadmaking flour, they've eaten the flour she bought to replace it! And what have the TZBCs done about it? They have, very bravely, snored through these depredations. Fat lot of use they are!

There are traps up in the loft; I will have to persuade Mrs S to set a couple in the appropriate cupboard, but the hard bit will be disposing of any resulting corpses!

I used to feel quite sorry for them, because they are really quite pretty little creatures, and they're only trying to survive over winter, but live-trapping is no good (they just come back). I must have bumped off a small army of them last winter (plus a couple of shrews), but there's a fair crowd again, I fear. I don't mind keeping them warm, but to hell with feeding them as well!

Snorri

Snorri
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 03:18 PM
I dont envy you Snorri , I had one a few weeks back and it took five weeks to catch him, /her, It managed to avoid 4 traps all placed in the area he/she was living, It chewed threw a bag of dog meal ,And ate its way threw my back door before i eventually got him./her evicted ,In the end oh had to resort to the sticky stuff you lay on cardboard, I felt awful as it was a sweet we thing ,And I had become quite atttached to it , xxdk
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Oh we had an infestation last year... they ate three boxes of 28 dentastix in one evening

They also ate half a bag of dog kibble (through a 'pest resistant' bag), all the herbs from the cupboard, the gravy granules, the dry parmesan cheese in the cupboard and the whole fruit bowl! (Not to mention other bits and bobs that I never thought mice would eat!)

I didn't want to kill them and accidentally (though my mum still believe I did it on purpose) broke the kill trap but when we set down live traps, the first one they didn't use at all (we later realised they were too big) and the second one, they ate the legs off before they went in, then rolled it over so it opened and let them back out again

We did catch them live in the end (they chewed their way into an empty dog food bin from the top and couldn't jump out again! ) there were two

TWO!

As soon as we found them somewhere nice to live a short drive away in a park, the whole thing stopped!

We did put the plug in pest controllers that emit nasty noises in the kitchen where we think they'd been coming through from next door and we've had no more trouble at all (apart from one that my mum thought must be deaf) - got rid of that one and all was fine!

In the time we had them, the dogs didn't do much but I think it was Eddy banging his head on the brick sink base trying to follow one behind it that put him off trying again...
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Cor I think we had an army of them last year ,I was catching 2-4 a night for weeks .I sooooo hate killing them but imagine what I would have had on my hands if I hadn't .No doubt we'll have them back again soon but I'll be ready for the varmints xxxxxxxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 04:54 PM
no problems with mice in this house,,,,

kobi killer of all that moves,,,,

HES SO GOOD AT IT, LOL
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Shona do you rent him out, my lot are such lazy sods, either that their frightened of meeces ,xxxxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 05:03 PM
you have seen my lot at it, the damn dogs dig em out the ground to get them, sure there is some terrier in rotties somewhere, lol,
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Snorri what is the TZ bit for,,, been meaning to ask you for ages
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
you have seen my lot at it, the damn dogs dig em out the ground to get them, sure there is some terrier in rotties somewhere, lol,
Don't I know it,xxxxxxxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Don't I know it,xxxxxxxxx
pml; boobahs back flip, cant say ye werent warned, I did say they have smelled mice under there,, watch yourself one will leap out in a mo,,, you looked you laughed,,, you thought I was kidding, tis the fastest I have seen you move, but to be fair to wee asta,, she killed it,, scared it to death ok but still dead,
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >