Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 11:28 PM

Rat City........

Here in Birmingham, we seem to be over-run by rats. I took Skye out on her own around 9pm, and saw 5 rats within as many minutes, Skye scares them off (fortunately never catches them, unlike Reah)
Anyway around 10.45pm Pat decides that we will go a walk round the block (about 20 mins) and he'll walk Bruce. so off we set, ok it's quiet, but the amount of rats that we saw was sickening. Especially around the road that runs behind ours, near the train track, at least 10. They are real big too. Birmingham Council have been on the news saying that they are aware of the problem.............so why aren't they doing anything.
We had them coming into our garden at one time, which meant that every night I had to go out and put trays of poison under the shed, then remove them in the morning, before I could let the animals out.
Do other cities have this problem, or is it just Birmingham????
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Nope, we have them here in Bristol too, we've had the ratman out to put the trays of poison down, which seems to clear them for a few weeks, but then they're back again. In the summer we have to make sure all the doors are shut, because the cheeky little things would come in doors given half a chance!!

Horrible vermin!!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 09:50 AM
We have them here in the Midlands as well, but I dont stand around long enough to count them I hate the horrible things yuk
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 10:08 AM
We have them in our garden at the moment. They come and peep in the patio windows. i am battling them with poison and have this morning picked up some heavy duty, pet proof trays to use in the garden
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 10:12 AM
When we had them i mixed the poision with sausage meat they loved it of course and brought all there mates for a free for all, but hey it killed them all and we don't have them no more but we do have mice, around and the cat's and fox takes care of them.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Don't have a problem with rats, but there again we have loads of cats round our bit. It's slugs I have a problem with, I hate the darned things.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Don't have a rat problem here particularly, except I did once go into one of my old ladies who had her Daughter round.
I wondered what it was she was feeding in the kitchen??

I was a rat!

Eating out of her hand!

Apparently they used to put food out for them as they all lived under the shed. Yes I bet they did!

The lady died soon after so I'm hoping no one feeds them anymore.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 12:57 PM
I hate them! Yeuuck! we don't seem to have any Visible ones but they are there watching with their horrible beady eyes, sniffing and snuffling . I have no problem with pet/fancy rats, just the wild variety.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 03:17 PM
I think I will use ZB approach, sausage meat and poison, in the future. I cann't help wondering if it's a norm though, as of late everyone I speak to complains about them. Anyone know of a GOOD PIPE-PIPER
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 03:57 PM
You need a terrier
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >